Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our onshore operational team supporting offshore gas producing assets.
Reporting directly to the Deputy Asset Superintendent, this position is responsible for the assurance of electrical generation and distribution systems up to 11kV, including its safe and reliable operation. This role involves working in a team of electrical engineers and graduates to provide day-to-day electrical support to Perenco SNS offshore assets. In addition, there will be a responsibility to ensure compliance with company electrical performance standards and HSE legislations.
Working hours are Monday to Friday. Whilst this role is office based there will be a requirement to travel offshore periodically.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring technical integrity, reliability, availability and maintainability of electrical generation and distribution systems are optimised so that production targets can be achieved.
- Manage and support the day to day maintenance of the offshore facilities electrical systems.
- Ensure all equipment in hazardous areas is maintained in accordance with BS EN 60079.
- Support Electrical Maintenance Strategy and ensuring appropriate integrity management of Electrical equipment.
- Promote the use of best technology to increase production efficiency. Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure best value is obtained from suppliers and contractors.
- Understand and manage offshore Electrical modifications/project operations to ensure effective and safe execution of work.
- Liaise with Electrical Technical Authority as well as external bodies such as HSE and IVB also internally assisting with incident reports and investigations.
- Ensuring Performance Standards and statutory legislation are complied with and complete a minimum of 6 SAS (Site Assurance Survey) audits per year.
- Supporting Electrical related sections of the verification scheme and assisting with anomaly closing out.
- Assessment of Electrical Technicians' competencies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of electrical regulations and practices.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
2017 SNS Maintenance Management System
Ensure all Maintenance activities and all data to be recorded against Safety Critical Equipment within the Maintenance Management System is submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
2018 SNS Management of Change - Technical Reviewer
Review Management of Change (MOC) proposals via the eMOC system, address technical queries, ensure compliance with technical standards within the Process discipline and provide access to specialist engineering advice.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses:
CompEx Ex14 Responsible Person with Technical Competence
SUEPEE & Intrinsic Safety or CompEx Full (Ex01 - 04)
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer or qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND level.
- At least 5-10 years' experience within the offshore Oil & Gas Industry.
- Strong operational knowledge of the offshore and onshore gas business.
- Member of a relevant professional engineering institution (such as the IET).
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision