Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Production Operator, Production Technologist
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Fort Stockton, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is currently recruiting a Lease Operator to join our team in Fort Stockton, TX. You will be responsible for maintaining onshore oil and gas properties.
- Perform basic to intermediate level pumping skills which include but not limited to: tank gauging, the proper operation of heater/treaters and 3 phase separators, and all attendant valve and oil seals and seal records. Ability to repair equipment as needed.
- Assist in witnessing meter calibrations, monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; make necessary adjustments, monitor chemical use, and test safety systems daily; maximize daily production.
- Operate properties to ensure all regulatory, environmental and safety compliance issues and goals are met.
- Daily production reporting and scheduling of oil and produced water movement.
- Seek ways to reduce direct lease operating expenses by noting problems and/or recommending courses of actions to supervisor.
- Operate wells and artificial lift methods to optimize production.
- Work on all types of production equipment, pump valves, treater dump valves, gas regulators, etc. Identify potential problems.
- Monitor chemical and lubricating oil usage at wells.
- Various other field related activities as required by supervisor.
- Operate a vehicle safely in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office
Skills/ Experience/ Training:
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge/experience in production and artificial lift operations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Excel) and simple mathematical calculations.
- Must organize and plan daily work schedule. Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends,
- Safety sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Valid driver's license and clean record.
- Work will require standing, stooping, walking, climbing tank stairs, carrying instruments weighing up to 80 pound
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Flowing back wells and or pumping experience
- Basic knowledge of standard production equipment, gas dehydrators, compressors and LACT units
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.