Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
My client is looking for a Head of Structures on a 12-month contract. To be based in The Hauge, Netherlands. As the head of structures, you will be liaising closely with the technical lead.
As the Head of Discipline will collaborate globally to develop the best in the discipline across all multidisciplinary teams. You will be responsible for:
• The technical direction of the Regional discipline in conjunction with the Technical lead; Raising the profile of Buildings team within the industry, taking part in panel reviews, regional competitions and press
• Managing client relationships and contributing to business development
• Supporting the Technical Leads in the development and management of project technical assurance processes
• Ensuring technical quality through implementation of best practice and continuous improvement processes
• Leading the recruitment of key technical resources in collaboration with the Technical Lead
• Providing technical leadership on bids and opportunities
• Be accountable for technical performance, quality and budget control on all projects within the region/team and have a hands-on approach to resolving internal or external challenges
• A strong technical background in structural design, construction and procurement;
• Chartered Engineer and member of a relevant professional body or equivalent level of experience;
• Experience in leading building structures teams through all stages of work winning, design and procurement;
• Experience and understanding of the multi-disciplinary design processes; Ability to nurture excellent relationships with clients, with an ability to generate business, resolve problems and exceed client expectations;
• Proven ability to represent the client at external meetings and demonstrate value;
• Sound working knowledge of BIM within a project environment
• Ability to lead design teams to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction;
• Experience in the execution of cross continental working.
• Be able to read write and speak multiple languages, of which both Dutch and English are necessary have. Preferable also German.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!