As a Senior Electrical Engineer/Lead at Campos EPC you will be responsible for designing, selecting, and implementing low voltage power systems used in the operation of natural gas facilities and stations. You will work closely with the Director of Station Engineering, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, client representatives, project managers, drafters, and other stakeholders to ensure the electrical design elements work with other systems to ensure designs are comprehensive and meet project requirements. KEY JOB DUTIES
- Design, select and implement low voltage power systems used in the operation of natural gas facilities and stations.
- Review, recommend and evaluate the design, installation, and operations of low voltage electrical systems, instrumentation, and power controls systems/stations to insure compliance with NEC requirements, while evaluating them for the optimization of efficient, safe and economical operation.
- Plan and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work while supporting the department and Project Manager with delivery.
- Interface with other technical/engineering disciplines to ensure the effective integration of electrical systems with the overall product design.
- Assist with the commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical equipment and systems.
- Represent the Company in area of expertise with customers, construction personnel, and suppliers.
- Create low voltage wiring schematics and associated Bill of Materials for wiring, cables, and controls.
- Perform hazardous area analysis, conduit routing, conduit and cable schedules.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Create technical specifications, Engineering Standards, Construction Standards, and O&M Standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree.
- Valid Professional Engineer license.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a team of talented engineers, driving excellence and service.
- At least 8 years of professional experience. Experience in utility industry preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of P&ID's.
- Thorough knowledge of Power Systems and Control Systems as related to electric utility infrastructure such as substations, distribution and transmission.
- Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards such as IEC, ISA, NEC, IEEE etc.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.