Alaska, United States
Alaska, United States
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Understands the detailed requirements of ISO 9000 and 9001 for Quality Management Systems (QMS) and overseeing the development, maintenance and implementation of a QMS in accordance with that standard. Responsible for the development and implementation of Project Quality Plans (PQPs) and Inspection Plans. Directs 3rd Party Inspection Teams for quality audits, surveillance, and assessment activities. Develops Quality Surveillance and Audit Strategies and schedules. Directs the development of QMS Procedures for Internal and External Quality Systems. Develops and participate in the process for qualification, pre-qualification, evaluation and auditing of Vendors and Contractors. Ensures contractor, vendor and fabricator's QMS are being implemented and meet ConocoPhillips and Business Unit requirements. Manages project construction surveillance and audit programs. Supports the project documentation turnover process. Conducts Audits and Surveillances for the evaluation of vendors and suppliers in accordance with Project Quality Plans and all applicable engineering, project specifications and codes. Coordinates collating Quality Audit reports and QA/QC Team recommendations for presentations to Business Unit Management. Manages Nonconformity and Corrective Action reports and assisting the Defect Elimination Engineer with tracking them to close out. Coordinates and assist in the process for the establishment, review and approval of project specifications by the Project Team Managers, Engineers and Specialists. Assists in the development and implementation of Quality Awareness training. Typically requires 7-10 years of experience. Senior level. Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field. Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems. Influences others to achieve objectives. Often provides specialized/technical/ functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
The QA/SQS Representative implements and administers the Quality Assurance Plan that is manifested by the QA Manager and participates on a day-to-day basis in those quality assurance activities that provide Quality Assurance Support for the Capital Projects Organization.
Project Development (All phases):
• The QA Representative is accountable to fully engage in Capital Projects during the execute phase and to communicate and support the Capital Project Organization as defined in the detailed roles and responsibilities within this document. Liaison for client to contractor issues
• Provides Management, employees, agency and contract employee's assurance that facilities operated by meet design criteria for safety, reliability and performance, and that they comply with regulatory requirements
• Capture lessons learned for continuous improvement of processes / procedures Vendor / Supplier / Contractor Bid Analysis and Surveillance:
• Become familiar with the Project Specific Quality Plan for the project and perform according to that plan. At a minimum the Project Specific Quality Plan shall describe in detail the objective, Quality Policy, required procedures, organization, management review, Quality Assurance / Supplier Quality Surveillance activities, resource schedule, inspections, verifications, audits, value improving practices, and responsibilities required to manage project quality effectively. Additionally, the Plan shall include the quality activities associated with Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning activities; it shall also reference applicable Contractor Quality Plans to provide a complete picture of how quality is managed. If there are any discrepancies between this document and the Project Specific Quality Plan, inform the QA Coordinator and inquire for direction.
• Review and analyze vendor/supplier Quality Submissions (plans, resources, systems)
• Audit vendor/supplier implementation of specific quality plans QA Field Related Activities:
• Monitor and coordinate field QA personnel to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and plans
• Audit quality records throughout execution, including contractor field reports, non-compliance reports, and correspondence as related to quality
• Assist in the turnover of projects from contractor to Owner
• Audit vendor/supplier quality programs their implementation
• Implement Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) for audit findings
• Monitor and report on status of NCR's
• Review QC Field Reports
• Act as liaison between QA/QC and vendors/suppliers/contractors, engineering, data management, and project teams
• Verify inspection and testing of new construction to ensure compliance with design, specifications, codes, standards, and regulatory requirements
• Other duties as assigned by the QA Coordinator
• NSTC training required
• Valid Driver's License
• Be physically able to conduct field duties as required by Company
This assignment will begin as part-time (working days per week in Anchorage during fabrication) approximately 2 months and will eventually move to full-time (two on two off at our Alpine facilities).