Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Emergency Response, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Marine Well Containment Company (MWCC) is an independent company with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Since 2011, MWCC has been the leader in well containment in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico; providing well containment equipment and technology. The organization is continuously ready to respond with dedicated equipment, a capable organization and the robust training necessary to mount an effective response.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The EP&R Advisor is responsible for ensuring that MWCC provides the services, support and awareness needed to achieve emergency preparedness and response goals. The EP&R Advisor assists in the development and implementation of deliverables in support of MWCC activities and schedule, stewardship of EP&R performance indicators and management of related interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Work as a member of the MWCC Emergency Response Organization on an as needed basis in the event of activation, or preparations/drills for same, in response to a well control incident and perform job duties commensurate with your assigned role.
- Participates in MWCC's Emergency Response Network serving as the primary interface for member companies to coordinate joint exercises and maintain awareness of MWCC's roles and capabilities
- Assist in the development and administration of staffing plans to keep the MWCC Response Team (RT) fully staffed with adequate reserve resources from member companies for sustained responses
- Execution of Emergency Preparedness & Response exercise and training programs in support of MWCC's RT and our customers
- Maintain the MWCC duty officer notification process and tools as well as the tools required to notify and call out the MWCC RT in the event of an incident (or drill), develop and coordinate training and procedures required to implement the process.
- Maintenance of MWCC's Incident Management Handbook (IMH)
- Coach and facilitate MWCC RT members to develop and improve the competencies of the RT
- Support advocacy efforts for emergency preparedness and response issues with potential impact on MWCC
- Ensure Operations Center tools and capabilities meet MWCC RT requirements
- Provide support to the Response Team utilizing the Incident Command System
- May be assigned other duties by the EP&R Manager or Senior EP&R Advisor
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience preferred, with prior EP&R and ICS training
- Ability to assess, act on and provide for customer resource needs
- Comprehensive knowledge of Emergency Preparedness and Response including strong facilitation skills, understanding of strategic and tactical response philosophy, Incident Management Team design, the Incident Command System (ICS) and the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and company management systems, and ability to develop management processes to meet expectations in project specific situations
- Experience in working with external stakeholders such as government officials and NGO's
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Proficient presentation and coaching skills
- Has a strong results orientation and personal accountability
- Is a team player and has a collaborative working style
- Exhibits strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Displays innovation with a curiosity and openness to new ideas
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintains effectiveness in a changing environment
- Visibly demonstrate the values of safety, integrity and excellence
Preferred Qualifications and Knowledge
- Preferred experience working with Incident Action Planning software is a plus
Location: Houston, TX
Marine Well Containment Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran candidates.