Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Luanda, Luanda Province, Angola
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Applies the principles of engineering in the planning and execution of the offshore project work and establishing offshore engineering interfaces inherent to the job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning and preparation of procedures as well as definition of need for equipment;
- Prepares the procedures and specifications for compliance with the engineering principles, standards and customer requirements
- Review and research methods for the proper implementation of the project;
- Give the necessary inputs to the processes of change in the project and ensures that opportunities for improvement.
- Actively participates in research teams for analysis of facilities or equipment and arrives at the applicable recommendation.
- Performs safely and effectively the resolution of operational problems of the premises;
- Shall draw up the procedures for assembling and testing of equipment after repair;
- Assists the Division of operations and maintenance, wherever necessary;
- Work with suppliers in order to find solutions to problems, perform required updates or implement technology items.
- Leads, at the request of your supervisor, any intervention within your field of expertise;
- Application of industry codes and standards along with lessons learnt and best practices in the field of subsea engineering.
Verification and Analysis
- Analyzes the quality of the interventions of the team through on the spot checks;
- Ensures that projects are completed according to the plans of the project;
- Verifies the implementation of a project, ensuring that it is being built properly;
- Inspects the work, ensuring workmanship and compliance with engineering standards;
- Ensures that members of the offshore operations have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and suggest corrective measures if necessary;
- Identifies the disparate materials according to the quality policy of the company;
- Ensures that security policies and procedures are understood and respected by promoting a safe work environment.
- Develops and promotes a solid working relationship with the client team and other teams involved;
- Liaises with the responsible of different areas to provide information on the performance of employees;
- Communicate to the support teams about recurring problems related to the availability and quality of spare parts;
- Prepares and presents varied content information to the project review teams;
- Maintains contacts with the client organization and provides relevant information to the business development team
- Provide input to project cost and scheduling estimates
- Evaluates costs/expenses in engineering, as in projection of material, reports, analyses and other technical documentation for production support;
- Reports, letters or documents with technical specification and deals with sensitive information.
- Willingness to work offshore and travel as needed
- Candidates should be able to work without direct supervision and to solve problems using own initiative.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Degree level qualification in Engineering related discipline.
- 5+ years professional experience in offshore Oil and Gas Subsea operations;
- Course in offshore oil and gas operations;
- Medical certification updated
- Fluency in Portuguese language;
- Fluency in the English language, both written and verbal;
- Well-developed skills in the application of Microsoft Office suite is essential.
- Working experience of Subsea engineering projects;
- Experience in the design and fabrication of offshore structures and installation aids;
- Good knowledge in economic analysis and justification;
- Experience in project planning;
- Experience in the utilization offshore vessels including cranes, winches and structures; ¿¿
- Experience of ROV operations, procedures and techniques
- Experience in Manned Diving operations, procedures and techniques
- Experience in design and fabrication of installation aids.
- Detailed knowledge of equipment needed for the implementation of the project;
- Knowledge of all necessary engineering software for each area of analysis;
- Experience in the use of engineering software (Autocad, Mathcad, Solidworks, Orcaflex)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.(Not a rotational position)
- Employer or Client Offices and Facilities.
- Occasional visits to Vendor Facilities.
- May require offshore travel on Employer and Client vessels/facilities to assist in project execution.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.