Skills: Production Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for a Production Metering Reporting Lead for a permanent basis, located in Aberdeen.
Manages the production management and reporting team in order to deliver leadership, meet departmental targets and budget within agreed costs.
To provide expert technical support for installed production monitoring, measurement and allocation systems.
Manage the Asset Metering and Allocation Systems in line with Regulatory body requirements and Pipeline Transportation Agreements in support of the company's commercial interests. This will be achieved through provision of expert technical support for installed measurement systems and effective management of the Platform Measurement System uncertainties.
- Maintain the Production Management and Reporting Team competencies and development.
- Manage the production metering and allocation function group reducing system uncertainty and error through production measurement instrumentation monitoring
- Collate and report regularly to management on production performance.
- Manage department document control, covering procedures, reports, manuals drawing to meet the requirements of the business.
- Metering and Allocation expert for all of the company's assets.
- Ensure production allocation is performed on time and with minimal errors
- Ensure the potential for Metering System mis-measurement is minimised.
- Provide expert technical support for installed measurement systems.
- Ensuring that the Asset Metering Systems are operated in-line with industry best practice.
- Providing support to ensure the systems, equipment and associated plant are in a safe and effective condition.
- Accuracy and verification testing on all Asset Metering Systems.
- Attend Meter Calibration, FAT and SAT sessions
- Monitoring of Metering System equipment performance, utilising enhanced monitoring techniques.
- Providing input into the development of all metering procedures, including safety items.
- Maintain knowledge of existing metering technologies and awareness of emerging technologies
- Represent the company in technical forums
- Support and Protect the company's commercial interests
- Effective communication of equipment and system issues.
- Advise project groups on the design and implementation of new metering systems.
- Develop working relationship with internal groups, contractors and external agencies.
- Conduct internal assurance audits on flow measurement, sampling and allocation systems.
- As an expert in flow measurement consultancy manage high value projects involving the investigation of specific individual client requirements and the recommendation and delivery of fully effective, financially and operationally viable fit for purpose solutions.
- Ensure coverage for Allocation & Metering Engineers.
- Review Audit reports and recommend actions to resolve. Implement remedial works
- Apply for dispensations to OGA and SEGAL.
- Maintain and report OGA Offshore Loading Pro-forma.
- Ensure Gas Transportation PLIS Pipeline Integrity
- Input into the Gas Transportation Business Planning
- Monitor Crude Oil Quality and Tanker Interfaces.
- Ensure topside metering and data collection is maintained and verified.
- Familiarise with the company's Policies, including the policies on HSE, Risk
- Management and Major Hazards;
- Familiarise with the company's Management System and its meaning for day-to-day work;
- Familiarise with the work and be aware of all associated risks for People, the Environment, Assets and Reputation (PEAR);
- Report any incident, near miss, hazards (unsafe acts/situations) and improvement suggestions;
- Know their roles and responsibilities;
- Actively participate in any job or HSEQ training or instruction by or on behalf of the company
- Use all provided means as intended and according to their purpose.
Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in Engineering or similar qualification
- Demonstrable and substantial successful experience in the Hydrocarbon Flow Measurement Consultancy field within the UK and International Oil & Gas sector.
- Be a recognised authority in the Hydrocarbon Flow Measurement Consultancy field, with demonstrable technical ability and expertise across all measurement areas in a number of geographical areas worldwide.
- Fully conversant with standards and legislation pertaining to measurement and sampling of petroleum (oil & gas), environmental discharges from offshore and onshore facilities (predominantly waters), analysis of hydrocarbon fluids and other associated products, and hydrocarbon accounting.
- Knowledgeable on flow computers, supervisory systems, primary flow elements, on-line analysers, samplers (manual & automatic), and secondary instrumentation used for the measurement and sampling of petroleum and associated products.
- Experienced in auditing and liaison with external agencies and companies.
- Project experience from conceptual design to final system acceptance, predominantly overseeing technical acceptability.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably gained within the oil and gas industry.
- Proven track record of identifying and developing sound and innovative technical solutions.
- Technical proficiency in IT programmes / systems e.g. Excel, Synergy, engineering software such as FloCalc, KIMS
- Familiar with UK industry regulations relating to the oil and gas industry.
- Experience of dealing with OGA and Pipeline Operators.
- Effective relationship-builder at all levels, internally and externally.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel, and experience of working with databases.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Understanding of processes and procedures.
- Organisational/ Planning skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Leadership skills