Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Other Skills: commissioning assistant, pre-commissioning
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Sohar, Al Batinah North Governorate, Oman
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Commissioning Operation Assistant, COA
Reference: PIR 391105540
Date of issue: 26/09/2018
Job Location: OMAN
Job type/Contract: Temporary, start ASAP - ends 31st of October 2019
Hours/Rotation Rotation of 91 days on site and 15 days off (+2 days traveling)
Salary range: Competitive salary
• Single status;
• Full board and lodging on site;
• Travel to home country in economy class.
Job summary/Role description
COA executes the activities pertaining to his discipline in compliance with the quality requirements, health/environmental/safety regulations and following the stated procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
• To carry out all activities such as flushing/blowing, reinstatement, leak test, motor run-in, machinery run-in, static equipment inspections, cleaning, internals installations, box-up according to schedule and instructions given by the commissioning operation supervisor and with the labor provided by the Subcontractor;
• Ensure the execution of Vendors' Specialists field activities with the assigned resources from the Sub Contractor as per Vendor's representative plan;
• To keep records of all activities performed in the log book;
• Prepare the forms for all the tests to be performed and ensure submission of the certificates, duly signed by involved parties for final hand over to the certification engineer (QA/QC);
• Can be the authorized person designated by the site manager to receive or issue a Permit to Work according to the project Permit To Work Procedure.
Knowledge & Qualifications
• Relevant University degree;
•Similar role covered in last three projects as a minimum;
• Experience in EPC Chemical & Petrochemical projects, specifically Polypropylene / Polyethylene plants;
• Experience in on-site pre-commissioning / commissioning activities.
Skills and Abilities
• Fluent English;
• Excellent IT and analytical skills;
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
• Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
• Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
The information submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross);
- notice period (weeks);
- email address of the candidate.