The Welder will display basic mathematical skills (working with fractions down to 1/32') and basic structural welding and layout skills. The Welder possesses a general mechanical aptitude demonstrating his/her ability to proficiently operate hand and power tools and an understanding of plumb, level, and square. The Welder must be punctual, reliable, and motivated. The Welder must also take exceptional pride in their work and must pass a GMAW 1G plate or the pipe 6G test. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
including the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Coordinate with Shop Supervisor to accomplish general assignments
- Pass GMAW 1G plate or pipe 6G test
- Mechanical aptitude, knowledge of how to use hand and power tools, drill press, grinder, ect.
- Have a general understanding of shop drawings
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Abide by all policies and procedures, including those related to quality, safety, and environmental issues
Essential Skills and Experience
- Identifies and segregates materials and/or products that may have potential nonconformances
- The ability to read and write English
- A basic understanding of the mechanical aspects of gas compressor packages
- Must be code certified on flat plate in the 1G position
- Thorough understanding of all company safety, environmental, and practices
- Willing to attend training classes
- Be reliable, dependable, and able to work overtime when required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
High School Diploma, GED, or formal vocational training is preferred. Formal training in welding is preferred. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics describe here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.