Gillette, Wyoming, United States
Gillette, Wyoming, United States
Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Estimating
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gillette, Wyoming, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Position: Industrial Construction Estimator
Company: Loenbro Industrial Construction
Reports To: Division Manager
Locations: Wyoming, North Dakota areas
Position Overview: Loenbro is looking for a few experienced Estimators with a background in facility/piping estimating to join our growing team and business. The Industrial Construction Estimator will be responsible for providing full estimating and proposal preparation for all types of industrial facilities, including both new construction and maintenance, primarily in refining, power generation, pipelines, and terminals. Estimates will cover all types of contracts and include civil or mechanical work for process facilities, terminals, and similar type projects. For more information about Loenbro - please visit the loenbro.com
• Attend bid meetings and walk throughs at various client locations to determine scope of work, complexities, accessibilities, and required content of estimates.
• Review instructions and proposal specifications, drawings, technical data, and welding processes necessary to estimate the work.
• Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, other bids, job reports, etc. into unit and man hour figures for estimates.
• Prepare full-scope estimates on small, medium, and large-scale projects, in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provide technical support projects.
• Estimate Field Change Orders for assigned projects.
• Ensure all documentation is maintained to support estimate figures.
• Work with Sales, Project Managers, Engineering, and management as needed, in the preparation and final evaluation of bids.
• Secure best possible material and subcontracting quotes.
• Prepare bid book on awarded projects for handoff to operations.
• Perform accurate quantity takeoffs for mechanical and civil scopes
• Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Assist in preparing material and application submittals
• Support company safety program
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• 6+ years heavy industrial/process facility experience in cost estimating and cost control in the civil, structural, mechanical, facility or piping fields.
• Strong knowledge of estimating strategies, engineering disciplines, and cost control techniques.
• Ability to prepare complex proposals within minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of petrochemical and power generation industries.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and good organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and estimating software and database programs.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
• A working knowledge of Heavy Bid estimating is preferred but not required.
• Must be able to manage occasional heavy workloads and quick turnaround times on estimates.
• Periodic travel to job sites may be required.
• Various building/facility construction sites
• Busy office environment
• Travel as needed
• Outside over 50%
• Potential exposure to extreme cold and hot temperatures
• Exposure to noise above 85 decibels and intense odors
• Exposure to areas with limited visibility
• Limited working surfaces
• Periodic amounts of time sitting, standing, walking and occasional stooping, bending, and reaching
• Driving if required to travel o If driving is required, valid driver license and proof of insurability is required. All drivers are subject to a DMV background records search.
• Must be able to pass drug/alcohol and criminal background checks
• Health Insurance- 75% of the Employee portion paid
• Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
• Paid Vacation after 1 year of employment
• 401k after 90 days of employment with a company match up to 4%
• Employee paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
We are "Leading the Change" in the energy services industry. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
WE TAKE ACTION
WE DO WHAT WE SAY
WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP
*Loenbro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.