The Woodlands, Texas, United States
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Skills: Cost Engineer, Estimating, Project Controls
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Estimator is responsible for the overall planning and coordinating efforts to produce comprehensive pipeline project cost estimates. The Project Estimator will provide data and cost analysis for estimate reviews and presentations. This position will allocate manpower and resources, manage the project, provide reporting to the Fleet, Finance and Purchase Order departments located at corporate and manage cost and margins until project completion.
Primary Job Function:
- Utilize the company approved costing methodology, data and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format suitable for use by the project manager and the project team.
- Prepare cost estimates assuring that all necessary costs are detailed and included in the estimate; such as management services, equipment and material costs, construction costs, operating costs, and other costs associated with oil and gas industry projects.
- Attend client pre-bid meeting and job showing, visit the job sites, and keep a record of all verbal information disseminated by the client during the pre-bid meeting and job showing.
- Prepare project cost estimate from the client's RFQ documents and drawings and any other information learned during the pre-bid showing.
- Know and be able to explain the details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Maintain meticulous cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep up dated information on past performance and industry standards.
- Maintain lines of communications between company departments, project manager and client with regard to cost estimating activities.
- Assist project manager on alternative project execution approaches based on the scope of work and the most cost effective execution methods available.
- Other tasks include preparing process flow diagrams, layout drawings, data sheets and technical job report.
- 5+ years of experience in project cost estimating/project management with an emphasis on pipeline projects from cradle to grave is required.
- Field experience in the construction of pipelines, compressor and pump stations, production facilities, measurement stations, and other upstream oil and gas facilities is desirable.
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Hard Dollar.
- Must have experience in project cost estimating, negotiating contracts and outsourcing logistics.
- Engineering, technical, or construction management degree is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrates flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving.
- Proven time management and follow-through skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Works both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- Physical demands require ability to endure frequent physical activity, work long days and handle outdoor elements including a variety of weather conditions.
- May require travel.
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer