Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
EnerMech Mechanical Services is a provider of Electrical & Instrument Construction, Maintenance and Capital Project Solutions within the Industrial Division of Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Automation, with an ever expanding workforce of both Direct Hire Craft and Professional Staff.
Position Summary for Relay Technician
- Ability to Read and Interpret Schematics and Technical Electrical Drawings.
- Ability to Identify Safety Risks and the precautions, such as LOTO, Breaker Rack Out and Grounding, required for eliminating Risks of Electrical Shock
- Knowledge to use all Tools and Test Equipment associated with Relay Testing.
- Experienced with Solid State Relay Testing.
- Possess both Low and Medium Voltage Relay Testing.
- Performs Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Protective Relay equipment.
- Must be able to Travel to multiple Sites.
- Minimum 5 years of Experience as Relay Tester in Substations and Transformer Yards.
- Education from either Vocational/Technical Schooling or Apprenticeship.
- Use of Dobie Testers along with Meggers and Omicron CM356 Testers.
- Understand 3 Phase Power and Distribution
- Perform Function Test of Control Circuits on Relay Panel, Transformer, and Breakers.
- Ability to Complete all Test Report Documentation
- Physical Requirements: Bending, Kneeling and Climbing.
- Experienced working with Client and Vendors.
Fall Protection Training:
Site Specific Training:
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-
employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check,
education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND
CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this
position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA
You can go direct to our careers page below and apply to the position you qualify for: