Hydraulics Technician III/Instrumentation Fitter
Job Title: Hydraulic Technician - Hydraulics
Job Location: Americas
Job Holder: TBD
This Job Description is not to be considered exhaustive. You may be expected to contribute to other activities out with the scope of this Job Description.1.0 Job Purpose
Inspects hydraulic equipment for defects, such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc. Analyzes repair, installation and determines best way of making repairs to minimize interruption.2.0 RelationshipsInternalExternal
Directly Reports to:
Close working relationships with:
Commissioning and Construction Managers
None3.0 Main Responsibilities & Key Result Areas
4.0 Individual Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Inspects hydraulic equipment for defects, such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
- Analyzes repair, installation and determines best way of making repairs to minimize interruption.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates hydraulic and mechanical equipment.
- Adjusts equipment for proper operating characteristics, making either temporary or permanent repairs.
- Operates machine tools, such as drill press, pipe threading machine, power tools, etc
- Erects scaffolds and performs all rigging as necessary.
- Performs pipe fitting and other repairs of hydraulic lines as required and fabricates hose assemblies.
- Assembles or align gears, bearings and shafts, involving press, sliding and running fits in hydraulic pumps.
- Changes, sets up and adjusts equipment as required by current operating equipment conditions.
- Designs alterations to existing hydraulic systems.
- Performs minor electrical work required in the servicing, installation and repair of directional valves, solenoids, etcetera.
- Reads, understands hydraulic schematics, drawings and makes sketches if necessary for repair or installation work.
- All other tasks assigned by management.
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Works with repair crews in the field
- Purchases part for hydraulic systems
- Performs light welding where required in association with routine/emergency repair or installation.
- Observes good housekeeping and safety on job site, hydraulic repair shop and maintenance shop.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment
- Apply EnerMech Group and where appropriate Client's Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that all Quality and operational procedures as identified in EnerMech QA Manuals are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures
- 5 years of Industrial experience (with Hydraulic repairs, systems and installation) with Journey's Card or 10+ years' experience (with Hydraulic repairs, systems and installation) without Journeyman's Card.
- This position requires flexibility to work a swing shift (including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.) Incumbent must also have the willingness to successfully work in, and navigate, all areas of hydraulics, both on and offsite and in excessive heat/cold conditions.
- Must have ability to observe and follow all safety regulations.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills; have the ability to work alone and as valued member of the team. Teamwork is our key to success.
- Training and/or background preferred:
37 Months in Craft with Journeyman's Card
48 Months in Craft without Journeyman's Card
576 Hours of Schooling from an Accredited Educational Institution and 8000 Hours of Trade Experience7.0 Personal Qualities
Required for position:
- Strong personal leadership.
- Flexible attitude to working hours and shift patterns in order to get the job done.
- Personal integrity that can be a role model for all other members of staff.
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-
employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check,
education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND
CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this
position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA
sponsorship.You can go directly to our careers page below and apply to the position you qualify for:https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats/careers/v2/searchResults?org=ENERMECH&cws=37