Plymouth, Michigan, United States
Plymouth, Michigan, United States
Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management, Project Engineer
Other Skills: Technical Governance, Business Development, Commercial Proposals, P&L, Construction Monitoring
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Plymouth, Michigan, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
RINA is seeking a highly respected Engineering Director - Renewables to join our growing team within our renewable energy and power generation consultancy in the US. You will have extensive experience within the US Renewable Energy markets and will play an integral role in nurturing a successful world class team of consultants. This position can be managed from RINA's USA power consultancy headquarters in Plymouth, Michigan, or in our other RINA US offices such as Houston, Texas and Washington DC.
Working with our Senior Director for the Americas, you will have two main roles: 1) To ensure technical excellence throughout our US teams; and 2) To lead our Business Development activity to enable us to deliver on our growth plans.
As a talented and trusted advisor in the industry, you will be well equipped in promoting, winning and delivering technical advisory services for Renewable Energy consultancy projects in the US and Americas.
As Engineering Director - Renewables you will be skilled in managing multiple responsibilities including operations management, commercial expertise, and business development. You will take a lead role in efficient project delivery, people development, and client engagement throughout the US Renewable Energy community.
You will lead the USA power team and collaborate with RINA's interdisciplinary team of consultants and engineers, delivering design and consulting engineering across 6 continents.
- Keep ownership of key client relationships;
- Ensure client satisfaction and relationship building;
- Lead all aspects of business development including face to face meetings, presentations with clients and other parties;
- Draft commercial plans;
- Participation at key technical events, exhibitions and conferences.
- Maintain oversight of proposal process, such as bid/no-bid, commercial, legal, approvals etc.;
- Ensure all company bids are of a high quality and well received.
- Ensure project deliverables are produced to a high standard and are efficiently prepared;
- Demonstrate innovation and flair;
- Ensure currency in all technical and standard related issues;
- Manage a network of local partners and subconsultants to assist in delivery.
P&L and Financial Performance
- Review and assessment of the financial performance of the projects and the renewables business in US;
- Report monthly results (revenues/profit) to the Senior Director;
- Contribute to budget preparation and growth planning.
Staff Competency and Training
- Identification of collective and individual competencies;
- Perform gap analysis and prepare means of filling any gaps as appropriate;
- Support and mentor staff to enable them to achieve their full potential.
Accreditation and Committee Membership
- Ensure RINA is accredited with the appropriate bodies to support its consultancy ambitions;
- Establish representation with suitable engineering institutions and committees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Energy Systems or similar discipline;
- PE license in at least one US state, preferred;
- Consultancy/engineering experience in renewables in the US: Lenders' Technical Advisor, Construction Monitoring or Owner's Engineering experience;
- Extensive experience in the solar, wind and energy storage sectors;
- Related technologies experience, e.g. distribution & transmission systems, rooftop systems, off-grid PV, mini grids, battery storage etc.;
- Extensive team and technical leadership or directorship experience;
- Demonstrated Business Development skills and ability to grow a consultancy business;
- Proven knowledge of the US renewables market;
- Travel flexibility to visit US and international clients;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, and in Spanish as a plus;
- Ability to present positively in a variety of contexts and cultures;
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
In your educational career you have already achieved a great many things and will know what success looks like. We are looking for talented and experienced people who are able to exceed the expectations of our world-class clients. You will be a leader that can bring together expert teams and promote an inspiring environment, influencing those around you to deliver technical and commercial excellence. Your energy and drive will promote collaboration and innovative solutions. As a strong communicator with the enthusiasm to develop an already fast-growing business, you will have highly-developed report writing and presentation skills, practiced negotiation skills and the ability to engage clients with your articulate and credible manner. You will thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs, marketing our services to capture business and develop relationships. Your customer focus, technical expertise and results-orientated thinking will enable you to achieve your objectives. You will ensure project management methodologies and practices are consistently applied across the team. You work well in changing circumstances and as a 'self-manager', take satisfaction from delivering against your promises. You will have an analytical mind, a thirst for knowledge, and the ability to apply innovative ideas.
RINA offers competitive salaries and retirement contributions. You will enjoy a generous leave allowance, health insurance, life insurance and more. Our great financial benefits are only part of the attraction. You can expect an excellent induction, quick integration and real opportunities for professional development. As part of our growing global team you will find yourself working with world-class engineers for clients in a variety of market sectors.
With a merging of different cultures, spirit of collaboration and professional growth, RINA is a global corporation that leads industries to success. We operate mainly in five fields: Marine, Energy, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry. Thanks to our expertise, public and private organizations can achieve innovation and sustainability goals, safety and quality.
RINA works in 65 countries with a team of 3700 people and a network of 170+ offices, excellence centers and laboratories. Facing new challenges, adapting to new contexts and being where big things happen, working with us means turning our clients' ideas into success. You will transform challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.
Join us and build your own path of excellence.
We provide a wide range of services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors.
RINA is the excellence behind excellence, a global corporation that leads industries to success. We work closely with customers, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transportation, Infrastructure and Industry sectors.
Through a global network of 3,700 talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we support the market operators across the entire life cycle of their projects.
We have proudly inspected and supervised more than 30,000 km of pipelines, more than 250 certified and requalified platforms and more than 100 LNG projects.
Authorized to act on behalf of over 110 flag states, we have classified more than 5,600 ships, totaling 36.8 M GT, more than 1,300 yachts, and we are 1st World ranked for ferry classification.
We have issued more than 36,000 product certificates, more than 28,000 management systems certificates and we have performed over 150,000 laboratory tests.
Transport & Infrastructure
We partnered on more than 700 projects for railway lines, trains and metro, we have certified more than 695,000 sqm of sustainable buildings and we performed 50+ Combat System Integration Studies for Defense projects.
We have contributed to the development of more than 200 new prototypes and products, more than 10 innovative alloys and special steel, and held more than 1,200 AIM orders.
Working in RINA
Working with RINA means transforming challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.
Join us and build your own path of excellence.