Our client is looking for a Field Service Engineer (Control Systems) for a permanent position, located in Westhill.
- The Field Service Engineer (Controls) will ensure and provide technical expertise in all aspects of control systems for gas turbines.
- The role holder will be required to carry out service, repair, installation and commissioning of control systems at customer sites, identifying areas requiring upgrade and refurbishment.
- To support the production of Tenders, writing of functional design specifications and, ensuring that projects are engineered and delivered on time in accordance with requirements.
- Carrying out scheduled maintenance activities on Gas and Steam Turbine Control Systems as per requirements, at both onshore and offshore sites worldwide.
- Attending site to conduct breakdown fault-finding, diagnosis and remedial actions, often at short notice.
- Lead the site engineering of new projects, upholding the company's technical and commercial interests.
- Contribution is via the engineering expertise in control systems, having knowledge of operation and maintenance, along with inputs to the tender, design, manufacture and installation phases of control system projects.
- The role holder is expected to be flexible to work in an office environment or on-site for significant periods of time.
- Technical knowledge of gas turbine control systems is essential, including PLC operation and control as well as fuel systems, instrumentation systems (RTD / TC / mA loop / AC / DC) and associated control.
- Knowledge of PLC technology and associated programming skills is essential.
- Knowledge of GEC gas turbine controls and / or other analogue systems would be preferred.
- Knowledge and / or experience of steam turbine controls systems would also be an advantage.
- Degree level education or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years' experience of PLC based control systems on multiple platforms would be preferred.
- An up-to-date and proven track record, working on hardware and software for the control of gas turbines is essential, including commissioning and Installation site experience.