Skills: HR - General
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Al Khobar, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Middle East
Saudi Arabia Manager - Human Resources (HR)
The Saudi Arabia Manager - Human Resources is responsible for the overall management of HR services. Based in Al Khobar, her/his scope covers the entire employment life-cycle for both expatriates and local personnel, including recruitment, on-boarding, staffing, payroll services, HR policy and process, learning & development, HR reporting, compensation and benefits, employee relations and implementation of Corporate initiatives.
Typically the Saudi Arabia Manager - Human Resources supervises a staff of HR Business Partners (HRBPs), HR Coordinators and administrative staff. The position reports directly to the Saudi Arabia Operations Manager and functionally to the Business Unit Senior HR Manager.
Minimum of ten to fifteen years work experience in human resources, five years of which should have been in a supervisory capacity in the offshore drilling business or with an energy company involved in the offshore operations.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in HR or other business related field required. Masters or advanced degree preferred.
HR certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or equivalent).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the implementation of local and Corporate HR programs, such as the annual performance review, talent review, succession planning, or compensation programs.
- Ensures personnel planning and movement of offshore workforce are efficiently managed and maintain the continuity and integrity of Ensco offshore operations.
- Coordinates staffing, including recruitment, training and development, transfers, and promotions, in line with the operations and business plan.
- Supports management in the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Leads investigations into allegations and recommend corrective action to management as necessary.
- Responsible for internal communication to improve awareness and motivation of employees.
- Dedicates face time to ensure employee support through interaction and feedback.
- Provides expert domain knowledge to local management on HR principles and employee relations.
- Complies with all applicable Ensco standards and policies.
- Responsible for compensation and benefits strategy and recommends changes to ensure competitive compensation practices and to keep the workforce motivated.
- Understands and upholds local compliance to employment rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the overall management of the nationalization program in Saudi Arabia and ensure it becomes part of our core business strategy and embedded in the way we conduct business.
- Designs and implements a Saudization plan to be used as a support to set recruiting targets, to measure and monitor the progress of the nationalization process.
- Liaises with Governmental Bodies having direct and indirect influence on the company's nationalization plans.
- Supports training programs to ensure the development of local competencies.
- Manages company's training programs and ensure efficient processing of training requests and records management by monitoring performance of 3rd-party training administrator and resolving performance problems.
- Manages local payroll programs and ensure integrity of payroll data and employee payments.
- Participates in global payroll strategic planning and ensure global implementation of approved plans.
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
- Broad HR generalist experience and solid experience covering at least the following areas: compensation & benefits; recruitment; change management; talent management; learning & development, leadership development, employee/industrial relations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English and comfortable presenting to senior audiences.
- Deep knowledge of and practical experience applying local labor law.
- Strong execution skills, proven experience with translating strategy into action; understands how to prioritize and deliver on multiple tasks. Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy.
- Protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and HR Procedures and encourages employees to do the same.
- Visible, approachable and available to all employees.
- Actively promotes continuous improvement of HR processes.
- Proficiency in current Microsoft Office software suite version at an advanced level.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Mobile and willing to travel as necessary or desirable to meet the business needs.
- Effective communication, team working and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
- Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments.
- Work effectively alone or as part of a team on projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Ensco's Vision & Values
Ensco is constantly looking for new talent. As the offshore driller of choice, we will go beyond what is expected to achieve a safe zero-incident workplace and to be the clear choice among employees, customer and investors. Are you looking for your next opportunity? See if you have what it takes to join our team, and if you see yourself within our Core Values. Apply now!
Ensco's Core Values
No harm to people, property or to the environment
Success for employees, customer and shareholders
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.