Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Skills: Project Management, Maintenance Manager, Shipyard
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Position Summary: Supervises and directs day-to-day execution of activities of welders, pipefitters, and ship fitters and subcontract workers in ship repair work. Responsible for safety, quality, schedule and budget of all assigned work.
Essential job Duties &Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Project Manager(s) to ensure timely and cost-efficient completion of projects and/or jobs.
- Establishes safe working environment and enforces established safety policies as outlined by company policy OSHA, HIOSH, state and federal laws, and EPA.
- Estimates, calculates, and forecasts labor costs and manpower needs for projects.
- Determines workforce staffing to maximize efficiency and beat project.
- estimations and deadlines using approved methods, techniques and tools to provide project managers with accurate estimates for bid proposals.
- Prepares various forms and reports for review.
- Communicates with internal and external customers, contractors, and subcontractors to build and maintain solid relationships.
- Leads and develops Assistant Superintendent, foreman, lead man, and production team members.
- Advises PM on status of all assigned projects, potential obstacles and delays and plans to minimize impact and beat project goals.
- Leads and develops the structural department team.
- Handle various administrative duties such as report writing, performance reviews, responding to email, interviews candidates, and form completion.
- Manages team members on use of equipment and/or tools.
- Estimates time, manpower, and materials required for assigned jobs.
- Evaluates team member performance and correct as necessary.
- Complies with requirements of the CBA.
- Assesses team member skills and provide necessary training opportunities as required to enhance or address deficiencies.
Working Conditions/Job Environment:
This position requires working outside in the elements with the following characteristics:
- A requirement for initial certification and recertification (every five years) is verification from a licensed physician or physician assistant that the applicant is physically fit and free of debilitating illness and injury that could inhibit the individual from effectively performing the duties of a Structural Superintendent. Among the criteria that the licensed physician or physician assistant will assess are (but not limited to):
- Work in extreme temperature (heat and cold) for extended periods exceeding one hour.
- Safely move about on slippery, sloping, uneven and unstable surfaces.
- Safely enter, move about within and egress cargo tanks, cargo holds and other confined spaces that may involve maneuvering over 6 ft (1.8 m) ship framing; climbing up and down 30 ft (9.1 m) vertical ladders and 80ft (24.3 m) stairways.
- Safely move between spaces and into/out of compartments on marine vessels that can involve stepping over a door threshold or coaming of 24 inches (61 cm) in height; moving through restricted openings or man holes of 24 inches by 24 inches (61 cm X 61 cm), crouching (lowering height by bending knees); kneeling (placing knees on ground); and stooping (lowering height by bending at the waist).
- Manipulate mechanical devices using manual and digital dexterity, and strength to open and close watertight doors that may weigh up to 55 pounds (25 kg).
- Perform visual inspections and surveys that can involve the use of hand tools such as spanners, valve wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers.
- Responsible for the managing, mentoring and review of performance on a regular basis
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches
- SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW experience is required.
- Experience with US Navy Ship repair/NAVSEA regulation is required.
- AWS certification, ABS/NAVSEA certifications is preferred
- Associates degree in Industrial Trades/Applied Science is preferred
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Must be flexible in work hours
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in shipyard heavy industry is required
- Extensive knowledge of ship repair processes.
- Knowledge of managing Federal Contracts
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills, good attitude, and exceptional work ethic
- Work requires establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and able to obtain DBIDS and TWIC card
- Valid State of Hawaii drivers' license in good standing, class 3 or higher