Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Trains, implements, audits and oversees Basic’s safety program, as well as OSHA, DOT and environmental programs for the region including policies and procedures, safety practices, Basics to Success program, and other related responsibilities. On a daily basis, uses independent judgment based on extensive oil field experience and education or safety certification to make decisions of significance to the company, including shutting down work. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Vice President
Directs Reports: Safety Representative, Safety Coordinator, Staff Assistant
- Performs safety audits, visits, and environmental assessments for all worksites
- Oversees and regularly audits yard, disposal sites and employee DOT logs, hours of service, training, and maintenance files for accuracy and compliance
- Makes recommendations to Area Managers on compliance with DOT regulations, maintenance deficiencies, employee discipline for safety violations, and other safety issues
- Conducts new hire safety orientation to ensure the Basics’ safety processes, procedures and policies are understood
- Organizes, presents, and documents training in OSHA Topics, SafeLand, and other required training as needed
- Reports and investigates accidents, injuries and property damage claims and participates in weekly safety calls on any incidents in assigned area of responsibility
- Conducts investigations to identify root cause analysis on all accidents, injuries and property damage to determine if additional training is needed, safety protocols were violated, and makes recommendations on corrective actions or repairs
- Assists in managing Workers Comp claims including escorts to doctor visits; coordinates modified duty and return to duty
- Collects and submits drug tests for monthly pre-employment non-DOT, post-accident non-DOT, and monthly non-DOT random tests as well as facilitates other drug tests for DOT and customer required testing in accordance with legal requirements and company policies
- Conducts monthly safety meetings for yards in assigned geographical area
- Performs regular inspections on yards, shop premises, rigs, trucks, and disposal well facilities and reports deficiencies and corrective expectations
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- 1+ years of safety experience preferably in the oil & gas industry
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards regarding OSHA, DOT, EPA and safety regulations
- Proficient general office and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee data and information
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- 2+ years of college
- Professional safety certifications
- Long periods of sitting and standing may be necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment