Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Other Skills: Professional Engineer License, Surface wellhead
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Founded in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in 1962, Stream-Flo Industries Ltd. manufactures wellheads, gate valves, check valves, and surface safety valves for the worldwide oil and gas industry. Our comprehensive services include field maintenance and installation, remanufacturing, customer property management, frac tree rentals, frac ball drop systems and isolation tools.
As a privately-owned and operated company, Stream-Flo has the ability and commitment to deliver greater value by developing long-term partnerships with our customers. This can be seen in our responsive engineered solutions to the challenges our customers face today, and in our ongoing research and development to ensure our products meet their increasingly complex requirements in the future. It can also be seen in the comprehensive services we deliver when and where our customers need them. Most importantly, it can be seen in our people. Regardless of role or level, Stream-Flo employees work as a team to ensure the success of our customers.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Project Engineer in our Houston, TX location. The Sr. Project Engineers' main responsibility will be to oversee, support and execute all customer inquiries and orders. This role will work closely with the Product Engineering and Sales teams to provide technical and design support, determining the best solutions for specific customer needs.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Assess and determine technical engineering requirements for projects, collaborating with sales team, end users and external/third party agencies to determine and recommend the best possible solutions for the application; utilizing Stream-Flo product lines.
- Provide custom product design solutions if necessary, present technical recommendations to customers/end users.
- Review, interpret and approve custom product design solutions, ensuring compliance with engineering principles, company standards, industry standards; customer requirements and related specifications.
- Provide technical support to our field services team, the customer and sales.
- Work as the engineering liaison between various internal departments during all phases of projects, ensuring customer schedules are maintained.
- This role will serve as a mentor for company engineers, including training plans and work reviews.
To be successful in this role, the Sr. Project Engineer must possess a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university along with a Professional Engineer License (PE). A minimum of eight years of experience as a Project Engineer, with five years of experience working with surface wellhead equipment. This role requires three years of prior experience working directly with external customers and engineering firms, giving technical presentations. Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus in the role. Solid knowledge of ANSI, ASME and API 6A/Q1. Excellent knowledge of stress analysis and metallurgical requirements for applications. Proficiency with design software is a must, preferably Pro-E. Excellent written and oral communication skills required for this role, along with solid presentation skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.