Skills: Accounting, Payroll
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Beijing, Beijing, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Payroll Services China is responsible for the administration of Payroll and Third-Party Processing for approximately 1600 employees, interfacing to 3 financial systems for different lines of business for 8 Shell in China entities with a current annual payroll of approximately $350 million. It is imperative that the team support our HR Service Centre business partners to ensure an accurate and timely execution of payroll and remittances.
The Senior Payroll Analyst reports to the China Payroll Manager. The scope of activities includes responsibility for the end to end payroll processing, the administration of all relevant tax filing and payments, management and oversight of the end to end controls framework.
The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects associated to the scope of China SCL payroll and will be required to contribute to local and global projects and initiatives. The incumbent should also champion continuous improvement in daily work.
The incumbent will also need to liaise with various internal (i.e. HR & Finance Service Centre colleagues, HR in Country, Policy Benefits & Services, IMTC, Employment Tax, Employees and Line Managers) and external (PWC, Tax Bureau, Banks) stakeholders to resolve operation issues and enhance collaboration.
The incumbent must ensure all payroll controls and Data Privacy Rules is strictly adhered to and safe guard from Data Privacy breaches.
1. Knowledge of the Run Payroll-process and ensuring on time processing of the scheduled payroll runs. Solving issues and errors that block the payroll run from completion.
2. Handling reconciliation process with associated reports, ensuring compliance with FCM controls and accuracy of the payroll, ensuring Posting to Finance process and 3rd party payment timely execution.
3. Manage manual Trax payment process when there's payroll rejections.
4. Manage monthly tax filing for relevant payroll area, conduct tax data verification and trouble shooting with filing system etc. Respond to tax bureau's queries on tax amount variance etc.
5. Work with tax/controller to support ad-hoc tax audit or self-checking by providing all required control documents, provide supporting documents and evidence as required.
6. Knowledge of the functional requirements of Shell People, work with SOM IT to solve system issues. Conduct country impact analysis on quarterly HRSP change, in-flight note, testing scenarios analysis and work with SOM IT to conduct relevant testings. Raise wage type and system change tickets and follow up with analysis and testings, ensure timely and accurate system change or enhancement.
7. Provide advice and support to local HR policy and proximate team, HR services for process clarification or consultation.
8. Ensure payroll records and control files properly retained and timely declared to record system.
9. Timely handle employee queries via Salesforce and meet SLA requirements.
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
- English proficiency (fluent in written and verbal)
- University degree or equivalent preferably in Human Resource or Finance of Accounting
- Minimum 3 years work experience - previous experience in Payroll/Tax/SAP/Workday would be an advantage
- Knowledge on SAP HR, MS office
- Project management and CI/LEAN experience
- Ability to manage multiple competing deliverables and effectively prioritize tasks
- Attention to details, ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video