Skills: NDT Technician
Other Skills: LOLER, IRATA, LEEA
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Darwin City, Northern Territory, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Australia & Oceania
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
We are currently recruiting for an inspector band 1 to join our team.
The main purpose of this role is to work under the supervision of a Senior Inspector with the intention of building up experience in various aspects of NDT Inspection and Lifting Accessory / Lifting Appliance inspection. To also form a sound understanding of the inspection database and compilation of inspection reports until deemed competent to work on a stand-alone basis.
- To work initially as a 'second man' during NDT / Piping / LOLER surveys, during which the inspector is expected to support the Supervisor
- To observe and learn from the Supervisor how to carry out inspections strictly following company procedures.
- To work alongside the Supervisor in order to obtain a high level of familiarisation and understanding of the inspection database, and how to complete reports for inspection work carried out.
Qualifications & Experience
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Familiar with Inspection - NDT, Lifting Gear, DROPS etc. (Preferred)
- Good understanding of Drilling Tool Inspection (Preferred)
- UKOOA Offshore Medical (Preferred)
- Offshore Survival (Preferred)
- BOSIET (Preferred)
- CSTP (Preferred)
- LEEA Part 1 Entry Certificate (Preferred)
- IRATA Rope Access Level 1 (Preferred)