Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Darwin City, Northern Territory, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Australia & Oceania
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior NDT Inspector
- To lead certain types of inspection work offshore, as well as leading a three man team.
- Has a thorough understanding of the requirements involved with DROPS surveys, Structural inspections, and other miscellaneous inspections.
- Has a full understanding and is fully conversant with the inspection database for LOLER and NDT inspections.
- Has an understanding of the reporting requirements for DROPS surveys and crane structural inspections.
- To work safely in line with the HSEQ responsibilities listed below.
- To perform thorough examination and testing of loose items of rigging / lifting equipment and lifting appliances in line with associated company procedures or industry recognised standards.
- To perform the inspection and testing of critical lifting appliances such as Pedestal Deck Cranes, utility winches, man-riding equipment and lifesaving apparatus.
- Has a thorough understanding of LOLER regulations and Cargo Carrying Unit (CCU) inspections criteria.
- To carry out NDT tasks without supervision, including the completion of report writing on the inspection database.
- To carry out additional miscellaneous NDT duties and ropes access work and where appropriate, any other miscellaneous duties where reasonably required.
Qualifications & Experience
- IRATA Rope Access Level ½
- First Aid at Work
- Experience leading teams of up to 3 people
- Good Communication skills
- Fluent in Written and Spoken English
- Good Understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Capable of Leading Drops Survey
- Capable of Leading Drops Survey Report Compilation
- Verified 4 years' experience in NDT Inspections
- Magnetic Particle Inspection Level 2
- Eddy Current Level 2
- Dye Pen Level 2
- Capable of leading Pipework Survey - Low Pressure
- Capable of leading Pipework Survey - High Pressure
- Capable of leading Structural Inspections (Rig) - Externals
- Capable of leading Structural Inspections (Rig) - Internals
- Capable of Structural Inspections (Rig) - Report Compilation
- Capable of Air Pressure Vessel Inspection
- Verified 4 years' experience in Lifting Equipment Inspections
- Capable of leading LOLER Initial Survey
- Capable of leading LOLER Follow Up Survey
- Capable of leading LOLER Survey Report compilation
- Capable of performing Load Testing - Accessories
- Capable of performing Load Testing - Appliances
- Capable of Cargo Carrying Unit Inspection
- Capable of Cargo Carrying Unit Report Compilation
- Capable of Load Testing Utilizing Water bags / Solid weights
- Preferably two of the following:
LEEA Lifting Machines Manual
LEEA Lifting Machines Power
LEEA Runways & Light Crane Structures
LEEA Overhead Travelling Cranes
LEEA Offshore Containers