The Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor is responsible for leading the Electrical & Instrumentation function to improve plant productivity, reliability and efficiency by contributing to the design, construction, commissioning and maintenance of electrical & instrumentation systems of the plant. This role is also responsible for identifying faults and areas for improvement and recommending appropriate action. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure safe work practices are followed at all times and drive a safety awareness culture as a top priority.
- Work closely with the maintenance team, engineering and plant leaders to understand their maintenance needs for daily work, down time/outages and provide adequate resources and supervision to meet those requirements.
- Lead the Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technicians in troubleshooting E&I problems.
- Adherence to plant policies & procedures, including compliance with documentation requirements/standards.
- Refer E&I and Control issues to the Engineering team when required.
- Planning and organization of non-capital E&I project work including planned maintenance and shutdowns.
- Maintain E&I inventory spares in line with approved budget.
- Ordering (or supervising the ordering of) replacement parts.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to update standards and specifications to ensure continuous improvement is a top priority.
- Understand the control system architecture and software to find, assess and modify elements.
- Provide ongoing technical expertise and work closely with E&I Technicians to proactively manage and improve E&I equipment availability and reliability.
- Demonstrate effective communication, planning and organization skills in managing others as well as influencing and building relationships.
- Ensure own behaviour is aligned with the Company Values at all times and encourage others to do the same.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any other duties as reasonably directed by the Plant Manager.
- Technical Certificate/Diploma or Associates Degree or higher. Bachelor Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- At least 7 years' experience in an E&I leadership role with the responsibility of leading and training direct reports, preferably within the Chemical Manufacturing (or related) industry.
- Experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS), AC/DC Variable Speed Drives, Loop Controls, Analytical Instrumentation, Control Valves, Motor Circuits, AC/DC Motors, Control Networks, Machine Drives, and Power Distribution.
- Expert knowledge and experience of instrumentation used to control and monitor processes in the Chemical Manufacturing/Processing industry.
- Experience and ability to manage E&I Engineering projects with knowledge of how to establish project estimates and oversight of project budgets.
- Troubleshooting capabilities and problem-solving skills, both informally and using formalized tools such as Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Experience in Reliability practices.
- Previous experience in coordinating and supervising contractors, suppliers and vendors.
- Experience with electrical drives, gauging systems and chemical preparation.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project etc.).
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Experience working with OSHA Regulations.
- Experience working with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC's).
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.