As a Discipline Lead Marine Systems, you are part of the team of Marine Systems. The department is part of the Project Office, responsible for providing engineering and procurement services, associated with the hull and topsides of FPSO's. Role description
As Discipline Lead Marine Systems, you are responsible to take ownership in defining and developing discipline scope by understanding and evaluating the project requirements. You ensure that the project is properly planned and lead the assigned engineers in the different phases of the project. As Discipline Lead Marine systems, you are expected to be familiar with spaces within the hull and utilize your knowledge of engineering principles and procedures in the design of Marine systems. You are responsible for identifying innovative methods to carry out assigned tasks. You must be familiar with marine systems and associated materials/equipment needed to design functional systems to meet client and Company needs.
You may be assigned as a Package Engineer with technical responsibility for the design, procurement and manufacture of the Package.
Furthermore, you will:
- Ensure all required marine systems are functional and accounted for within a design, and are compliant with internal and external requirements
- Achieve effective interface management with internal and external stakeholders and ensure changes are managed.
- Proactively track areas likely to change to reduce the ‘surprise' element, added costs and delays to project.
- Collaborate with the Discipline Manager/Engineering Project Manager to accurately forecast man-hours, resource needs, and completion date for deliverables.
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
- Flexible start- and end time
- Attractive benefits in the area of personal development, culture, sports and relaxation;
- Our office is easy to access by car and by public transport.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.