Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Global Delivery Lead located in San Ramon, CA California or Houston, TX Texas/United States October 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position reports to the Manager of Workplace Strategy and is responsible for translating Workplace Strategy into the built environment. The Global Delivery Lead coordinates with the Workplace Strategy Team, Regional Planning, Operations and Projects and local governance to integrate and deliver project workplace standards, toolkits, and metrics that support Chevron’s business operations in the design and implementation of the physical work environment.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible to lead the global delivery of Workplace Strategy into the designed and built environment all portfolio projects.
- Collaborates with Workplace Strategy core team to incorporate continuous feedback essential in the development of workplace toolkit.
- Works with Regional Planning to defines the workstyles and solutions that support individual and team performance and utilizes knowledge of Chevron’s business units and operations to leverage the flexibility in the workplace standards so that they can be appropriately applied in the project design.
- With Regional Planning applies workflow programming tool to identify business requirements and support business processes.
- Responsible for project integration of the Workplace Strategy Toolkit including business case, principles, design guidelines, process, governance, workstyles, performance metrics.
- Adheres to procedures, concepts, systems and corporate wide guidelines related to Workplace Strategy and design.
- Works with Regional Planning and Corporate Architect to administer customer satisfaction surveys, workplace index studies (WPI) and other satisfaction and performance metrics to accurately analyze and measure the effectiveness of the space as delivered.
- Reviews and analyzes data to establish density, ratios and parameters in development of optimize space and monitors space utilization and effectiveness: not limited to conference rooms, shared space, open floor plan improvements, the future of office and workstations.
- Oversees the integration enterprise Workplace Strategy with local requirements and culture and assures that each project follows established performance criteria, while considering materials based on cost, local availability, sustainability, installation, and maintenance requirements at each project site.
- Works closely with CBRES IT and ITC on standards and best practices for IT capabilities, tools, devices, integration, along with furniture and fit-up.
- Partners with internal and 3rd party providers to integrate IT, furniture and fit-up, into design of the built environment.
- Bachelor’s of Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- 4+ years experience and expertise in directing licensed design professionals in the design and implementation of office space
- 4+ years Architectural experience in workplace design, furniture systems, IT systems integration and office fit-up
- 4+ years Architectural experience in development of workplace standards, specifications, processes and tools
- Ability to Travel 60% domestic and international
- Professional experience and expertise in directing licensed design professionals in the design and implementation of office space
- Architectural expertise in workplace design, furniture systems, IT systems integration and office fit-up
- Architectural experience in development of workplace standards, specifications, processes and tools
- Knowledge of workflow programming, workplace sustainability, governance, measurement and validation
- Ability to translate workplace strategy into design and design specifications focused on enhancing business performance
- Skills and experience in architectural conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documents phases
- Strong team player with proven track record of collaborating with diverse resources and ability to coordinate with Regional Planning, Change Management, Operations, Project Management to define project requirements, direction and design in coordination with project schedule and budget
- 5+ years of Architectural experience
- Architectural license or pursuit to Architectural licensing
- Architectural Construction Administration experience
- Knowledge of and/or competence in Phase Gated project delivery process
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.