Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Davao, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Philippines Inc. (CPI) markets the Caltex® brand, which is Chevron's customer facing brand in Asia Pacific and parts of the Middle East and Africa. Chevron Philippines operates a network of about 665 Caltex service stations/retail outlets across the Philippines. Chevron also provides for the fuel and lubricants needs of the commercial and industrial sectors. Fuel products such as Caltex with Techron® and Caltex Diesel with Techron D as well as lubricants such as Havoline® and Delo® are also available at all Caltex service stations.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Retail Business Consultant located in Davao City, Philippines through September 24, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Conducts regular site visits to ensure that all assigned retail outlets are always operated under Company-required standard of image and operation. Ensures that retailers implement customer service consistently, sales target are attained, and facilities are properly maintained
- Ensures that zone management is within the assigned OPEX budget and investments are properly recovered. While pricing, credit and other support are granted to retailers with attainment of set volume or other targets that are attached to or used as justification
- Ensures healthy business relationship with retailers through close working relationship. In addition, grows the network through the development of Retailer-Owned, Retailer-Operated (RORO) retail partners/sites and ensures that Caltex is well represented in the trading area
- Tracks and benchmarks with competition to ensure Caltex competitiveness and presence in the assigned area
- Undertakes regular competitive and market opportunity analysis to ensure that all retail programs remain “best in class” within each operating geography
- Ensures close coordination with other business units through consistent interactions and alignment of business strategies
- Ensures that zone management is aligned with all Caltex and government regulations such as HES, local ordinances, etc
- Ensures that all contracts and other documents that bind the partnership with retailers and other related business groups are properly maintained and updated
- Business/Marketing degree holder is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related field
- Must have the ability and persistence to tap and develop new business opportunities
- Has excellent negotiation skills needed to sell ideas, persuade others and build relationships with internal stakeholders and external business partners/customers
- Results-orientation, excellent communication and people skills are essential to the job
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.