Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Philippines Inc. (CPI) markets the Caltex® brand, which is Chevron's customer facing brand in Asia Pacific and parts of the Middle East and Africa. Chevron Philippines operates a network of about 665 Caltex service stations/retail outlets across the Philippines. Chevron also provides for the fuel and lubricants needs of the commercial and industrial sectors. Fuel products such as Caltex with Techron® and Caltex Diesel with Techron D as well as lubricants such as Havoline® and Delo® are also available at all Caltex service stations.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of International Products OE HES Technical Safety Engineer in Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, or Hongkong through September 25, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for facilitating and/or conducting the required risk assessments, e.g. Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), A Hazard And Operability Study (HAZOP), What-if checklist review, etc. to existing and ongoing operations and projects or modifications.
- Responsible for the effective communication of the results of risk studies to assure these are understood across different levels of organization.
- In coordination with Asset Owners, Project or Activity Owners, facilitate development of risk mitigation actions and ensure these are integrated in their business plan and taken into account in project decision making.
- On a periodic basis, conduct safeguards testing and targeted training to continue to build and sustain risk management and process safety fluency across the organization.
- Chevron certified Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) Facilitator (preferred)
- Engineering degree (preferred) or other relevant training and have demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of process engineering principles specific to the type of equipment used in the business unit
- Five years of relevant experience
- Attended Chevron PHA Training Course or has previous PHA facilitation experience (minimum of 3 PHA studies in previous three-year period) and received Chevron-specific onboarding
The job scope covers IP-AME region and involves travels 20--30% of the time.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron Parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Selected candidates will be based in his/her home country under the local payroll system and benefits
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.