Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Facilities Management, Electrical Engineering, HVAC
Other Skills: Hire Fleet, HVAC Engineering, Compex, Supervision,
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
An exciting Base Manager role has arisen working for a growing specialist service company in Aberdeen. You will manage all processes, documentation and operations related to execution and delivery of Hire, Service and Maintenance projects for Specialist Services and RedGuard Specialist Services. Delivering best in class maintenance and support services maximising customer satisfaction and delivering profitable revenue growth for all services.
Responsibilities and Duties
SS/RGSS HIRE fleet
- Contribute to preparation of and implementation of operations business plan (revenue, cost and resources) for HIRE fleet to support the achievement of business goals.
- Ensure HIRE fleet documentation, certificates, Manufacturing Data Book are completed and uploaded to the system to manage HIRE fleet effectively.
- Ensure HIRE fleet timely delivery onsite, execution and commissioning, planning and organising resources whilst minimizing cost and maximising utilisation.
- Ensure payments, purchase orders and change orders are promptly realized in line with company policy, meeting all project deliverables.
- Ensure best in class support is provided throughout all communications establishing and maintaining strong customer relations at all times efficiently delegating support activities relating to after sales enquiries, technical support, customer complaints and non-conformance reports to ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- Ensuring Hire Cabins selected for sale to clients are suitable and to manage any modifications, whilst capturing all associated costs and change orders in the quote.
- Manage material availability in Hire store to enable a prompt repair reducing downtime and ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- Contribute to development of streamlined inventory holding in each location to optimise HIRE cabin repairs reducing downtime and ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- Work closely with hire desk coordinator to manage all aspects of fleet turnaround, repair and claims for damage caused by clients.
- Liaise directly with operational partners elsewhere in region e.g. Eqin
Service and Maintenance
- Maintain excellent communication with external customers, acting as a focal point of contact on high level technical issues, whilst ensuring that best in class service and support is provided to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
- Manage accurate and on-time submission of competitive service and commissioning bids in line with company guidelines to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Work closely with Hire Desk co-ordinator to plan, organize and manage service technician / engineers' resources and capacity to ensure project execution, minimizing cost and maximizing utilization.
- Monitor and lead all service and maintenance projects from estimation through completion and invoicing to ensure achievement of target revenue.
- Initiate and promote new business developments by researching and pursuing new business opportunities and expanding the services offered by liaising with sales and using development methods such as approaching new and existing clients, hosting and engaging meetings and presentations to promote S & M services to ensure an industry leading support service.
- Manage all Warranty issues with clients and to make sure they are 100% satisfied, allowing closure of jobs and to ensure all revenue can be recovered.
- Ensure technician utilization is above 65%.
- Taking part in revenue generating service activities as time permits.
- Carry out site surveys, & preparation of survey reports to allow estimating team to issue offers and then end to end project managing of:
- The refurbishment and / or upgrade of client owned units at our new facility. The refurbishment and / or upgrade of offshore accommodation modules. o Site installation of both hire and bought buildings UK and EU.
- General management of the Aberdeen UK facility.
- Liaise with other regions to develop and maximise the groups FMS offerings
- Develop training initiatives for Production personnel to allow a greater understanding of Service and Maintenance best practices and to ensure that work is done correctly and safely first time around
- Contribute towards the achievement of QHSE objectives and ensure that activities are managed in accordance to QHSE policy;
- Take accountability for the effectiveness of the QHSE management system of your area of work;
- Integrate QHSE management system requirements into the processes required for managing your area of work;
- Communicate the importance of effective QHSE management and of conforming to the QHSE requirements to all within your department;
- Promote continual improvement of QHSE management system and enhancement of customer satisfaction.
- Recommend improvements to departmental policy and implement procedures and controls covering all areas of Hire, Service & Maintenance function, so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering quality, cost effective service to customers.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant QHSE procedures and controls across Hire, Service & Maintenance function to guarantee employee safety, health, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Academic Qualification and Professional Qualification
Degree/Diploma in Electrical, Electronic or HVAC Engineering
- Expert knowledge of all related industry codes and standards
- Compex certification for personnel working in hazardous areas
- Capable of supervision and motivation with a driven approach
- Thorough capability to manage complex projects from estimation through closure