Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
NON-RIG /RIG HSE INSTRUCTOR
- BS degree or equivalent in HSE, industrial hygiene, environmental science, or in a related field is preferred from an accredited university.
- Will have been employed in the drilling industry for a minimum of 10-15 years, concurrent experience in a safety training role would be preferred, 10 years HSE experience as an Instructor in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Must have knowledge or training in the following: occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applied industry, governmental and/or international standards;
- Internationally recognized Safety Professional qualification, for example:
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Safety or equivalent.
- As a minimum NEBOSH certificate in general safety or equivalent.
- Preferably will be a "fall protection instructor'' as a minimum will have received formal fall protection training.
- Preferably will be a "confined space entry instructor" as a minimum will have received formal confined space entry training.
- Will have undergone formal permit to work training
- Will have undergone formal lookout / tagout training.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on health, safety and environmental training. Must also have ability to assist with developing, implementing, and coordinating comprehensive health and safety programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training, presentations/report writing). Ability to lead and direct teams and/or committees. Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety and environmental fields. Ability to work at all levels within an organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group. Demonstrated strong interpersonal l skills.
1. Candidate will be responsible for developing HSE Courses and delivery HSE Training for Drilling & Workover employees.
2. Adhere to all Client , D&WO and international HSE standards, policies and administrative controls.
3. Stays current with all applicable HSE regulations, standards, procedures and guidelines as well as all CLIENT HSE programs.
4. Attends major HSE meetings and other related courses and conferences.
5. Enhances HSE awareness by organizing presentations and video sessions, distributing information, and setting a good example.
6. Writes formal reports/delivers presentations.
7. Prepares HSE orientations. safety training, and job site inspection procedures. Directs or assists in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conducts specialized HSE training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assists local management in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.