Skills: Facilities Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Canada Resources (Upstream) has been active in Canada for more than 75 years. Since our arrival in Alberta in 1938, our company has established a proud legacy of exploration success, innovation and growth. And throughout this time, we have continued to support the communities where we live and work. As a result, we look optimistically to the future, as we pursue our vision to grow our core assets profitably and position Chevron for new legacy assets in frontier regions and emerging unconventional resource plays.
Chevron Canada Resources is actively seeking a Facilities Engineer – New Grad to join the Canadian Business Unit (CBU). There is an expectation that the Facilities Engineering New Grad will spend 1 – 2 years on construction assignments located in the field. This position reports to the Facilities Engineering Advisor.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Facilities Engineer – New Grad located in Calgary, Alberta through Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Expectation is that EIT’s will spend 1-2 years on construction assignments in their first 5 years.
- Design of new facilities including pipelines, compressor stations, pumping stations, and oil/water/gas separation, conditioning and processing facilities.
- Execution of facility projects including design, contracting, procurement, quality control, construction management and turnover to operations
- Project planning and management for safe execution of projects with predictable cost, schedule and performance.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and refurbish existing surface infrastructure elements for optimum utilization.
- Design and develop cost estimates for field development projects.
- Benchmark and reduce costs for facilities and improve on cycle-time.
- Identify, gather and implement best practices for asset plays from industry, suppliers, contractors and other Chevron operations.
- Ensure that appropriate codes and standards are utilized in the design.
- Participate in Risk assessments, HAZOPS and other HES studies and ensure mitigations are in place
- Recently Graduated with a Bachelors degrees in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Previous oil and gas related internship experience.
- Possess an above average level of understanding of the Exploration & Production Industry.
- Demonstrated high level of academic performance.
- Good communication, leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic with internal drive to succeed.
- Promote the Chevron Corporate Values of Integrity, Trust, Diversity, Ingenuity, Partnership, Social Responsibility and High Performance.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- An innovative workplace where we apply the latest technologies to exploration, production and reservoir management.
- Hands on technical exposure which will expand your knowledge of the industry and accelerate your professional development.
- Training and hands-on exposure with Chevron proprietary applications.
- A potential for future opportunities for international assignments within Chevron’s large global asset base.
- An effective environment where integrity, diversity and teamwork is valued.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.