Skills: Refinery Specialist
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Mass Balance Planner located in El Segundo CA Chevron Refinery.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Mass Balance Planner, located in El Segundo, California through September 30th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # 372301
The Mass Balance Planner reports into the El Segundo Oils Planning team that provides guidance for operational and commercial decisions for the El Segundo Refinery. He/She will work closely with Planning Analysts, Coordinators, Operations, and Engineers inside the Refinery, as well as with Energy Technology Company (ETC) Planning Analysts in the trading hubs, to optimize the entire supply chain.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Generate high quality daily refinery wide reconciled data
- Collaborate with Process Engineering, Planning, Finance, IT, Operations and Maintenance to improve general data quality and the refinery’s decision-making tools/processes. Capture benefits for all improvements
- Lead and drive efforts on meter or yield improvements. MB related project work and issues sometimes span across different work groups and the MBP is a natural point person under a lot of circumstances
- Generate daily MB cases and publish monthly reports
- Continuously update the Sigmafine model and ProMIS with best available field data (e.g. best stream gravity/temp info, incorporate any improvements made in the field such as MCRT data and new meters, best available tank data, new process units, etc.)
- Work with Central IT Support to update the Dashboard on an as-needed basis (e.g. changes in stream routings, new process units etc.). Resolve any recurring IT related issues to improve operational excellence and minimize impact to the daily MB process
- Support all Sigmafine, ProMIS and server related upgrades and testing
- Report any data issues to the relevant stakeholders as they are identified
- Create/manage and update the yield tools for major operating units
- Educate PEs on any MB data that will help improve unit yield analysis and where the useful data is stored on the Dashboard on an as needed basis
- Work with Finance to minimize Finance imbalance monthly. A tighter Finance balance means less uncertainty for the monthly Lookback analysis
- Work with Planning (e.g. Lookback Planner and PETRO Analyst) to capture benefits on a continuous basis. Report benefits in the monthly report and on the CoP Sharepoint site
- Work with CoP on MB related projects such as Crude Composition Tracking and System Balances (conceptual design, data validation and benefits generation)
- Attend CoP related meetings to share challenges, benefits and lessons learned
- Refinery (El Segundo Refinery beneficial) or Petrochemical Plant process or operational experience (either direct work experience or thru technical service) – minimum of 2 years more years desired.
- Thorough understanding of Refinery operation, limits and economic drivers,
- LP (Linear Program) models and additional tools to develop optimized plans
- Process Engineering Experience covering up to 3 major process units
- Proficient in the use of Index (E-view) and refinery unit PFDs/P&IDs
- Proficient in the use of Pi
- Good overall refinery knowledge
- Blending and Shipping knowledge is desirable
- Familiar with RSL and Operations turnover reports
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignment will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.