Skills: Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Toxicologist located in Houston, TX or San Ramon, CA through September 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Will be a member of the Applied and Regulatory Toxicology Team within Chevron's Energy Technology Company HES Department’s Health & Workforce Safety Unit.
- Identifies and classifies health hazards, exposures, and potential health risks of chemicals associated with petroleum products and materials, particularly those related to operations at Chevron.
- Works with Chevron Operating Companies including product development and product stewardship groups to recommend testing, labeling, MSDSs, exposure standards, and other product stewardship measures in compliance with relevant regulations and operational excellence.
- Participates on industry-wide trade associations, technical workgroups, and scientific advocacy committees to address toxicology, risk assessment and/or exposure assessment issues of interest to Chevron.
- Maintains knowledge on proposed legislation and regulatory changes/trends affecting chemicals of interest
- Provides litigation support for personal injury or product liability issues.
- Understands and is familiar with applicable international, federal and state product health safety regulations.
- Serves as a member of the Chevron Emergency Information Center, being on-call on rotation periodically during off-hours. Provides health, safety and environmental information on products or other chemicals to customers and other callers, including physicians and emergency response personnel.
- Monitors and reviews technical literature and databases for new scientific information and data on petroleum-based materials and products
- Conducts work in a safe manner and ensures that others do so.
- Master’s degree required/ PhD preferred in Toxicology or related field of study
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; can effectively communicate technical information to a diverse audience
- Domestic and/or International travel may be required
- Demonstrated knowledge of human health exposure and risk assessment techniques
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and self-manage multiple projects
- Ability to inspire commitment and trust and to build internal and external networks
- Ability to influence decisions on cross-functional work teams to achieve business objectives and ensure compliance with global health and environmental regulations.
- Capable of interpreting scientific data and regulatory guidance and connecting to potential business impacts
- Position will be located in Houston, TX or San Ramon, CA
- Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Travel: Domestic and/or International travel may be required
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.