Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Network Data Operations Analyst located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through October 5, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This is a career ladder position and is now open to Philippines Employees for application. It is currently posted at PSG 18 to 19.
For additional information on this position, please contact Tristan Hidalgo at CTN 793-4284
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network design and architects on network optimisation.
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources.
- Interact with global peers within the network operations and across other support teams, to solve the more challenging escalated problems as well as change implementations from the simple, to the more complex.
- Implement and maintain processes, procedures and associated plans for network infrastructure including administration, usage and disaster recovery.
- Identify and implement automation opportunities as well as areas that can be improved to optimize the operation, such as documentation and monitoring adjustments.
- Document standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training materials for use by the team
- Communicate effectively regarding maintenance of networked technologies
- Enforce a strong focus and disciplined approach to maintenance and improvement of network availability and reliability which includes development and continuous improvement of operational practices and processes
- Partake in On-Call hours per the rotating schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience working with data networking and carrier services solutions, including design and implementation support.
- Comprehensive knowledge in IP & VoIP networking, data communications and systems engineering with an understanding and experience dealing with multi-service IP networks, data network strategies, multi-vendor equipment and network protocols
- Working knowledge of IP routing, switching, firewall, optimization, IP Telephony and wireless technologies.
- Working knowledge of Internet, MPLS and VPN architecture.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Experience working with offshore/global teams is desired
- A strong desire to take on new challenges that will not only develop yourself, but will help to contribute to the operation at a higher level
- Regional travel required around regular and extended business hours
- Ability to mentor and train junior team members is strongly desired
- Required CCNP Certification
- Scripting experience using Python, Perl, node.js, ksh, bash, are a plus.
- Experience with security appliances, load balancers, packet brokers, proxy and ips/ids is highly desired
- Able to analyse problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery.
- Capable of working/using own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Keen to contribute ideas, share knowledge and help others develop.
- Interest in leading edge technologies. Keen to develop own skills and knowledge.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.