Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Network Site Reliability Engineer located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through October 5, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This is a career ladder position and is now open to Philippines Employees for application. It is currently posted at PSG 18 to 19.
For additional information on this position, please contact Tristan Hidalgo at CTN 793-4284
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for continually improving the mean time to detect and the mean time to isolate issues using targeted monitoring, automation, and data analytics.
- Improve and maintain monitoring and logging solutions that measure availability, latency and overall system health of production systems.
- Support Network Operations and Level 1 NOC teams by automating routine tasks and provide documentation for tools and processes used to support these services
- Participate in agile concepts such as daily stand-up meetings, task tracking boards, design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Partner with Business units to ensure solutions will operate at scale without issue and create visualizations for data collected from networking devices for quick interpretation and notification
- Partake in On-Call hours per the rotating schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with application and support development or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with a UNIX command line environment and TCP/IP networking.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language such as Python, C, C++, Perl, or bash scripts.
- An understanding of software development, testing, and deployment theories and frameworks.
- Critical thinking, self-motivated with excellent communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Scripting experience using Python, Perl, node.js, ksh, bash, are a plus.
- Experience configuring, managing, and using network management software packages (open source and/or commercial).
- Experience with the installation, operation, and testing of network infrastructure components, including switches and routers
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Ansible, chef, puppet.
- Able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics
- Knowledge of SNMP and MIB structures.
- Knowledge of Juniper, Cisco, and Riverbed configuration and monitoring.
- Keen to contribute ideas, share knowledge and help others develop.
- Interest in leading edge technologies. Keen to develop own skills and knowledge.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.