Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Executive IT Support Analyst located in San Ramon, CA / United States through September 27, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position is a member of the Executive IT Support team that provides white glove IT support to the Corporate Officers and their Staff in San Ramon. This customer facing role offers great visibility with both Functional and IT management, and the unique opportunity to interface with Chevron's most executive leadership. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter, problem solver, customer focused, and able to present themselves well to executive leaders. This role requires quick thinking, excellent communication skills, adaptability, attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate user needs or issues. The role offers exposure to a wide variety of technologies and will help the successful candidate build a strong network within Chevron for their future career.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Dedicated support for Executives and staff for all things related to IT, including:
- Mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, satellite phones, etc.)
- Executive Video/Audio Conference Support
- Office 365 applications - especially Outlook, OneDrive, and SharePoint
- Application support – OTS as well as internally developed, including coordination with internal support teams
- Encryption and access management support
- Coordination for key internal processes concerning support for new products, procedures, or requirements
- Evaluation of new hardware/software/services in the executive space – participation in pilot programs for new technologies
- Identification of potential improvement opportunities for our team and our users
- Partners with Corporate Business Development IT on ensuring optimal IT support model in place for senior management
- Coordinates technical support for corporate apartments for use by visiting executives
- Training of Executives and Exec. Admins for new software and procedures
- Occassional offsite conferencing or executive residence IT support as needed
- IRM & IP Coordination
- High visibility and interaction with Chevron's top executives, management committee members and IT managers
- Fast paced environment where quick, decisive, deliberate and effective solutions must be made on a day to day basis.
- 2+ years of Executive or End User support experience required.
- This role requires a solid customer service mindset and the ability to build trust and strong, collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Must strive to continuously build a strong network of partnerships and know how to escalate executive IT issues appropriately while ensuring good prioritization is in place.
- Effective and non-technical communication is a must given the various levels of IT knowledge within the executive ranks.
- Need to be able to lead through influence.
- Good, customer-focused communication skills essential.
- Must be able to provide home/offsite support for executives, and does require 24x7 support (though home visits and support requests outside of business hours are very rare)
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or equivalent preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Exchange, Windows 10, iOS, and O365 applications preferred
- Familiarity with Chevron IT landscape and support organizations is a plus
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.