Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst located in Houston, TX Texas / United States through September 18,2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst is responsible for producing integrated threat and technical intelligence products in a timely, accurate, and actionable manner regarding cyber threats of relevance to Chevron.
- Assess threats, use analysis tools and methods, perform research and distill raw data into timely, relevant, and actionable intelligence. Evaluate nation-state, hacktivist, and criminal activity. Monitor world events. Identify new information sources.
- Prepare, present, and defend analysis of cyber threat patterns and trends relevant to Chevron through reports and briefings, Communicate with C-level executives through technical engineers and analysts. Extensive use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Maintain contacts in the security and intelligence community. Collaborate to provide methods, indications, warnings, and predictive analysis of malicious activity. Collaborate with internal partners to provide intelligence and reporting which meets business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Intelligence studies, Computer Science, Law, Information Security, Political Science, or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in cyber security operations and intelligence analysis / reporting for an entity with a global footprint
- Previous experience participating in working groups with the oil and gas sector and/or with the United States Government
- Previous experience as an analyst in an integrated cyber threat intelligence group within the US Government or private sector
- Possession of industry standard certification such as CISSP, GCTI, CEH and/or intelligence analysis certificates
- Advanced understanding of networks, cyber incident analysis, associated vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques, risk to the organization and mitigation strategies. Understanding of malicious code and intelligence principles.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with persons from a range of backgrounds and positions, including those in executive level positions, in structured and unstructured situations.
- Analytical skills, specifically around intelligence analysis methodologies as it applies to cyber threats, critical thinking, research, and report production.
- Ability to execute an intelligence life cycle, including requirements gathering, intelligence collection, analysis, targeted distribution, and feedback to produce relevant, timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence providing the “who, what, when, where, why, how, and importance” of cyber threats including those associated with espionage, hacktivism, cybercrime, malicious software, social engineering, and emerging threats.
- Coordinate with business units and provide concrete recommendations for mitigating sophisticated cyber threats.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.