Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Global Category Specialist - Subsea/Procurement located in Houston, TX Texas/United States through September 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID #389418
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Supports the Global Subsea Category Manager in developing the global subsea equipment, installation and intervention category strategies, plans and initiatives
- Manages global supplier relationships.
- Captures efficiency, reliability and total cost metrics from suppliers and strives for continuous improvement.
- Supports capital projects and operations in sourcing for subsea equipment and installation contracts.
- Assists Operations in resolving issues and claims with Suppliers.
- Identifies new opportunities in the Subsea market to improve project and service level efficiency and leads projects to implement new value creation approaches
- Performs benchmarking exercises on subsea equipment and installation performance.
- Participates in project peer review sessions.
- Leads intermediate level contract negotiations.
- Translates market intelligence into meaningful data to develop contracting strategies that provide total cost of ownership.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience as a Subsea Project Engineer in the oil & gas industry
- 2+ years commercial experience in negotiating contracts
- 5+ years’ experience as point of contact for building and maintaining Oil and Gas customer relationships
- Experience managing or responding to a minimum of three (3) Oil & Gas Major Capital Project subsea equipment Requests for Quotation (RFQ)
- Demonstrated knowledge of subsea quality requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams in strategy development and execution
- Written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively communicate with management and customers
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledgebase and a strong understanding of subsea operations and subsea equipment components, gained either through Project or Operational experience
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally 10% of time
- MBA Degree
- 7+ years of experience with Subsea Equipment Fabrication, Installation, and Standardization on Subsea Projects with equipment manufacturers and/or oil companies
- 3+ years’ experience as a Subsea Quality Engineer
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams in resolving issues and build consensus
- Demonstrated knowledge of major capital project subsea equipment procurement processes
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.