Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Electrical Engineer - Optimization located in Bakersfield, California.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide electrical engineering design, construction and maintenance support to the Chevron oil handling facilities in central California area (Bakersfield, Ca.).
- Power system descriptions include high, medium, and low voltage power systems consisting of 115KV transmission, substations, cogenerations systems, 12KV & 480v overhead powerline distribution systems.
- Knowledge of power system design and analysis.
- Technical support for electrical power system Reliability & Optimization.
- Design of electrical system drawings/diagrams/schematics and the proper application of NFPA, IEEE and corporate engineering standards.
- Project support activities include conceptual design, analyzing and recommending preferred alternatives, system planning and designs, load estimates/forecast, capacity studies, coordinating and supervising engineering contractor work, reviewing drawings, writing operating procedures, generating test plans and commissioning electrical equipment.
- Review and conduct power-system studies, including short circuit, protective coordination, arc flash hazard analysis, load flow, dynamic stability, and harmonic analysis. Prepare power-system models and analyses.
- Attend/witness factory tests and pre-commissioning field tests of electrical equipment, transformers, motors, switchgear, MCC’s Adjustable Speed Drives (ASD) etc.
- Provide power system failure modes, and effect and Root Cause Analysis.
- Specify equipment selection of breakers, transformers, switchgear, MCC’s, motors, generators, and application of ASD's.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as an electrical power engineer.
- Experience with electrical relays and protective devices.
- Proficient in National Electrical Code (NEC) and NFPA 70
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively communicate with management and customers.
- Knowledgeable working with power transmission, substations, and generation
- Knowledge working within the Oil & Gas industry is a plus
- Experience with oil handling and process facilities.
- Electrical Modeling skills
- Troubleshooting and operations experience with industrial power systems.
- Familiarization with maintenance, operation, and power distribution systems.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bakersfield
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.