Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Geoscience Simulation Researcher located in Houston , TX Texas /United States through September 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position is in the ETC Earth Science Strategic Research Unit, on a Team that includes ~15 Earth Science Researchers. It is for an experienced research geoscientist with a background in coupled simulation modeling of fluid flow, geochemistry, geomechanics, and geophysics. The ideal candidate will have broadly-based research and development, consulting, and technology deployment skills applicable to comprehensive subsurface investigations in oil and gas operations for exploration and development. This position requires the ability to integrate a range of geological, geophysical, and engineering data in order to identify potential subsurface risks associated with various operations and to contribute to the design and deployment of appropriate surveillance systems and mitigation strategies. The position will include contribution to the research and development of reliable simulations for predicting asset subsurface integrity via static and dynamic pressure and fluid migration models for a range of production processes in various geologic settings, and linking these models with geophysical response. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with a team of geologists, geophysicists, and reservoir engineers to simulate scenarios and outcomes, and contribute to the deployment of integrated, asset-specific surveillance systems and mitigation approaches. He/she should also have a demonstrated capacity to interact with other R&D teams, business units, external partners and regulatory agencies.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- This position requires the ability to integrate a range of geological, geophysical, and engineering data in order to identify potential subsurface risks associated with various operations and to contribute to the design and deployment of appropriate surveillance systems and mitigation strategies.
- The position will include contribution to the research and development of reliable simulations for predicting asset subsurface integrity via static and dynamic pressure and fluid migration models for a range of production processes in various geologic settings, and linking these models with geophysical response.
- The selected candidate will work collaboratively with a team of geologists, geophysicists, and reservoir engineers to simulate scenarios and outcomes, and contribute to the deployment of integrated, asset-specific surveillance systems and mitigation approaches.
- He/she should also have a demonstrated capacity to interact with other R&D teams, business units, external partners and regulatory agencies.
- Understanding of coupled modeling methods, including multiphase fluid flow, geochemistry, heat flow, and geomechanics.
- Demonstrated proficiency building earth models at reservoir and whole-earth scale and running them on parallel computers.
- Computer proficiency including C, Fortran, Matlab, scripting, and parallel job submission.
- Familiarity with coupled flow and geomechanics software including the TOUGH and TOUGHREACT Suite, Abacus, and Elfin. Familiarity with other packages such as Visage, ParaGeo, GEOS and Kinetic is a plus.
- Proven record of business value creation developing and deploying earth science technology.
- Able to identify new Strategic Research opportunities in Geoscience Simulation & Coupled Modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage technology projects across organizations, including technical collaboration, coordination, and integration for quality, timeliness, and cost; Able to effectively partner with external Labs and Universities on project work.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills: communicating R&D results to multi-level audiences, users, customers, and management.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact with ETC services, BUs and R&D Teams in order to articulate the business problems and technical solutions.
- Ability to work with others in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated record of technical leadership.
- PhD in geoscience or or reservoir engineering
- Previous experience in Geoscience Simulation Modeling Research
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron Regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position. Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.