Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. In Downstream China, our business focus on lubricants and additives.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technical Lead located in Ningbo , Zhejiang /China ,
• Responsible for on time analysis of Chevron products in service (field samples) and requested competitor products, to be used for providing accurate recommendations regarding lubricant performance, change frequencies, investigation of performance problems and explanations for failures in the field which are not oil-related, thus avoiding claims against the Company.
• Analysis of in-service oil samples (used oil analysis) to ascertain condition of oils in use, cause of problems and advising corrective action.
• Liaison with Technology Center & Product Line staff so that accurate information is transmitted, i.e. Results, recommendations , on which important decisions are made on product performance.
Product Formulation Development
• Attends to requests for product formulation development and analysis.
• Handles queries on formulations, check and confirm findings. Maintains and updates new or revised manufacturing formulas/product specifications issued by CGL Product Line Group.
• Optimizes existing formulations based on results obtained on recent production and quality of raw materials.
• Records lab time spent on Formulation development including hand blends and dispatch test samples.
• Develops effective ways to work-off line wash, contaminated, off-spec, obsolete and old & slow products
Product Quality and Assurance
• Responsible for routine QC by conducting Physical and Chemical Tests on all finished lubricants and raw materials to release/reject products.
• Issues blend adjustments or corrections as and when required.
• Issues SAP R/3 blend formulations.
• Prepares and Issues Certificates of Analysis for finished products.
• Releases/ rejects incoming raw materials.
• Implement changes in existing test methods by training Laboratory technicians.
• Commissions new laboratory equipment and train staff accordingly.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems.
• Develop sand implements initiatives for best laboratory practices to enhance lab, staff productivity and competency.
• Co-ordinates non-routine laboratory activities such as Stability testing of products etc.
Quality Control Process
• Monitors and ensures reliability of quality control process by calibrating instruments, chemicals and equipment.
• Conducts control sample checks for statistical analysis.
• Captures/records results and executes quality related steps in SAP R/3.
• Records and reports batch/ in-process sample release times and other time taken for other laboratory activities such as calibrations, control sample checks, standardization, sample testing etc.
• Monitors and supervises QC activities by analyzing statistical process control data on Control samples and takes any necessary corrective measures as required.
• Conducts weekly reporting of first time right batches, non-conformances, re-blend, work-off rates.
• Initiates corrective action reports for all non-conformances.
• Monitors batch release times to ensure maximum laboratory productivity.
Compliance of Laboratory Tests/ Quality System Maintenance
• Monitors compliance of laboratory tests with external requirements such as CITC and SABS Standardization program.
• Ensures adherence to prescribed test procedures.
• Purchases laboratory chemicals and consumables as per prescribed methods.
Adherence to HES Policies and ISO Procedures
• Ensures compliance with Company’s HES principles with regard to safe working practices, hazardous chemical waste disposal.
• Maintains the Laboratory Health and Safety Program
Training and Development
• Trains and develops laboratory technicians.
• Works with staff to identify training and development needs.
• Assists in technical training of field staff e.g. Product Knowledge Course
• Support CTC on Lube Oil Blending and related test
• Should have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry. Master’s degree in Chemistry with Analytical or Organic Chemistry specialization is an advantage.
• Minimum 5 to 8 years’ experience in running the Quality Control Laboratory of a refinery, petrochemical or large Chemical Plant/ Industry. Experience in Lubricating Oil Additive Manufacturing Plant laboratory is an added advantage.
• Should be able to build and organize Quality Control Laboratory function from scratch and during normal operation, ensure Q.C. Laboratory provides excellent analytical support to B&S Manufacturing.
• Worked experience or in-depth knowledge on modern analytical instruments like ICP, FTIR, Gas Chromatograph, Auto-titrators and petroleum testing instruments is required.
• Should have strong Leadership skills to lead a group of Chemists and Lab Technicians to achieve results and in resolving product quality and analytical test methods related issues.
• Should lead the Lab Team in the commissioning and start-up of the laboratory by engaging Chemists and Lab technicians in the installation, calibration and certification of analytical instruments in time before starting up of B&S Plant.
• Should provide direction and support to Instrument Chemist in the procurement, Installation and qualification approval for new analytical instruments from Global Analytical Team Leader as and when new instruments are introduced into the laboratory.
• Should be technically capable of resolving quality related issues for shipped products to customers and provide support to Quality Control Chemist for handling customer complaints.
• Should be able to interact with Lab Supervisors from other Plants on resolving lab issues and sharing/implementing lab Best Practices.
• Knowledge on ISO 9001/14000 Standards, LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), SPC/SQC Control techniques and Lean Sigma methodologies are plus and have added advantage.
• Must be a strong team player with a firm, personal commitment toward the business and its customers.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Mandarin.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.