Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. In Downstream China, our business focus on lubricants and additives.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Maintenance Lead located in Ningbo , Zhejiang /China ,
1. Lead the maintenance team to execute plant-wide maintenance work.
• Ensure/approve job safety analysis (JSA) for all maintenance work performed in the Plant. Maintain JSA inventory.
• Generate interest in critical safety behavior program (CSB) and review/follow up on the findings.
• Train/review safe work procedures (SWP) with Mechanical Technicians.
• Conduct refresher training in the use of safety apparatus for technicians and contract labors.
• Participate in work permit audit review (WOPAR) to highlight safety concerns.
• Responsible for good housekeeping in the Plant.
• Responsible for safe work practice in all tank/vessel/reactor cleaning and critical lift in maintenance.
Reliability and Efficiency
• Lead annual maintenance planning and scheduling cross-functional team.
• Responsible for detailed planning, budget, schedule, quality and safety performance of annual Plant maintenance.
• Develop strategies to extend the interval between shutdowns without compromising plant reliability.
• Develop strategies to drive improvements in reliability including engineering studies to define best alternatives.
• Analyze monthly reliability report generated by Planner.
• Develop and implement engineering solutions to equipment problems.
• Be the key resource to the plant reliability improvement programs and initiatives
• Track maintenance metrics: schedule compliance; overdue PM; plant availability; equipment reliability; technician overtime.
• Manage the maintenance planning and scheduling function to maximize plant availability.
• Respond to unplanned equipment failure during and after office hour.
• Coordinates with Operations and Technical groups to develop overall plant operation plans and strategies
Third Party Services
• Manage contractor/vendor performance to meet safety / quality / schedule / cost objectives.
• Develop contracting strategy and participate in negotiation of contracts for maintenance services.
• Lead maintenance related incident investigation.
• Follow up with maintenance related recommendations.
• Review incident reports with mechanical technicians.
Management of Change (MOC)
• Implement expense type MOCs.
• Assist Projects in reviewing (design) and implementing (quality check) MOCs.
• Participate in pre-start up safety review (PSSR).
• Participate in hazard & operability studies (HAZOP).
• Manage asset and spare parts and ensure they are relevant and up to date.
2. ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Develop and implement training and development programs for the technicians.
• Develop Job Aids and conduct training and review with technicians.
• Manage employee progression system (on-job training [OJT], develop classroom training and set test papers) to ensure effective development of organizational capability.
• Set skills standard for contract labor and drive implementation for their skill upgrade.
• Enhance the use of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS - MAXIMO). Develop/update bill of material (BOM).
• Develop/review Procedures for maintenance, including CMMS.
3. COST REDUCTION
• Develop strategies, establish cost metrics and measure maintenance (Mechanical) cost performance.
• Develop maintenance (Mechanical) and TA budget.
• Approve all purchase requisitions and invoices in the Mechanical group.
• Monitor/analyze spending and identify opportunities to improve cost effectiveness.
4. Provide maintenance expertise and support for the development and implementation of capital projects/plant modifications.
• Bachelor's Degree or above in engineering, mechanical, electric or relevant background;
• Five plus years’ relevant experience in refinery, petrochemical or chemical industry;
• Minimum of five plus years of progressive responsibility and leadership in maintenance, operations or project management;
• Excellent communication skill in both oral & written English;
• Superior project management skill;
• Well versed in process safe work practices.
• Enjoy teamwork environment in a High Performance Organization.
• Possess good leadership and interpersonal skills; and able to work well with others in achieving team’s goals.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.