Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. In Downstream China, our business focus on lubricants and additives.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Accounting Assistant located in Ningbo , Zhejiang /China ,
• Data entry all customers’ receipts, miscellaneous sales invoices and incoming payment into the Accounts Receivable system
• Issue VAT invoice to customer via Golden Tax system
• Issue Debit Note for intercompany transaction
• Monitors and record sales commissions to agents & rebates to customers
• Prepares and sends monthly statements of accounts to customers when necessary
• Works closely with credit and sales personnel and customer for collection and resolving past dues issues
• Liaises with bank on receipts and banking related issues (e.g. BAD).
• Prepares cost analysis of treasury related expenses for management review
• Prepares month end integrity reconciliation on AR and other GL accounts assigned, in accordance with Chevron requirements
• Prepares monthly reports containing ageing schedule, in accordance with management
• Prepare monthly reconciliations between inter-company debtors’ statements/sub-ledger and debtors’ records
• Prepare monthly reconciliation on the quantity/amount between golden tax and the one in SAP
• Support APR management and Credit Analyst in providing relevant customer data/information
• Perform month end closing tasks assigned
• Assists in handling various statutory audit, such as financial audit, tax audit and Foreign Currency audit annually
• Assists in handling company annual inspection with all government authorities
• Assists in handling the changes of company’s record in different government authorities
• Assists in handling tax issue (pass the document/report, buy tax invoice etc.)
• Backup other functions when required
• Other routine functions of Finance
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• Understanding of accounting principles and conduct normal financial statements analysis
• 2 years working experience in finance, preferably related to accounts receivable activities
• Ability to work systematically, prioritize tasks and adhere to deadlines
• Ability to balance risk exposure and meet business requirements
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, multitask and manage daily/monthly quarterly duties with on-going project and account review
• Good communication skills in English and Chinese
• Demonstrated initiative to continuously seek enhancements in work processes
• Experience in MS Office and SAP system is a plus
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.