Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Consultant Carbonate Stratigrapher located in Houston , TX Texas /United States through October 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This is a senior technical position with the Energy Technology Company, a subsidiary of Chevron, in the Carbonate Stratigraphy Team. This is a highly visible and strategic job for the Reservoir Management Unit. The successful candidate will have an established reputation as an expert in the field of carbonate sedimentology and stratigraphy. An ability to contribute strategically, and shape the future direction of research efforts, is expected. This position serves as a Carbonate reservoir champion, the job owner is responsible for recognizing, framing, and appropriately developing and/or deploying, Chevron's technologies to solve key business challenges.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- The position will be expected to actively work on Exploration and Reservoir Management technical services projects for business units engaged in exploring for, or developing, carbonate assets.
- Fundamental understanding of sedimentologic, stratigraphic and diagenetic controls on reservoir quality in conventional, "tight”, and/or “unconventional” carbonate rocks is required.
- Work may include core description/integration, petrography, reservoir quality, diagenesis, image analysis, seismic stratigraphy, and multi-scale data integration (pore-core-log-sector-full field).
- An ability to integrate results with petrophysicists, geophysicists, reservoir modelers, and reservoir simulation engineers is a plus.
- Must have the experience, maturity and communication skills to speak with technical authority within Chevron, and as an external representative.
- The position is for an established mentor and trainer, who may be required to coordinate training curriculums and serve on internal reviews as a technical expert.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative abilities, multi-disciplinary team-working behaviors are essential.
- Position will require travelling to domestic and international locations for consulting and teaching.
- M.Sc. and 15 years (minimum) relevant experience required, Ph.D. with minimum of 15 years relevant experience preferred.
- Expert in carbonate depositional systems and stratigraphy, prior industry experience required.
- Experience working with, and integrating outcrop, core, diagenetic, petrophysical, and seismic data at both the reservoir and regional scale is required.
- Experience with carbonate research, reservoir modelling, and familiarity with major carbonate assets is desirable.
- Established & acknowledged carbonate expert amongst peers in academia / industry.
- Focused business acumen and ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others to achieve goals.
- Ability to effectively contribute within multidisciplinary teams and collaborate across technical functions.
- Actively participates in and contributes to technical networks.
- Effectively uses oral and written communication skills to influence others.
- Expertise in identifying, promoting and delivering formal and informal training opportunities; committed to sharing best practices, especially with early career staff through training and mentoring.
- Strong understanding and demonstration of project management, and an ability to work with key interpretation and other software packages (i.e, Petrel, ArcGIS, Adobe Suite, Techlog, imaging software).
Relocation will be considered
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.