Skills: Customer Service
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tracy, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Station Location: Tracy 209 830 0370 or 209 836 3181
Plans, directs, organizes, and implements the daily operational activities of a retail facility. Maintains primary responsibility for the achievement of station objectives, the implementation of Company policies and procedures, staffing, merchandising, and maintaining Chevron Stations Inc.'s high standards of customer service and image. Adopts and demonstrates at all times CSI's philosophies and standards regarding station operations, image, and personnel management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Ensures proper use of time clock and compliance with all wage and hour laws by enforcing meal periods and rest breaks as required by law and/or company policy.
•Ensures compliance with wage and hour laws by accurately tracking employee rest and meal periods through the use of WFM module.
•Performs all duties of station staff as required.
•Maintains adequate gasoline inventory through strict adherence to Chevron procedures.
•Conducts daily competitive price survey.
•Reports all maintenance needs on a timely basis.
•Assists Business Consultant in special assignments or projects and keeps Business Consultant informed of station operations.
•Properly uses and maintains office equipment.
Skills and Experience
• Previous managerial or supervisory experience.
• Previous retail experience.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English.
• Must possess intermediate PC skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
• Arithmetic skills to an eighth grade level.
• Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment in ensuring overall smooth and efficient operation of the station.
• Appropriate handling of emergency situations.
• Must possess valid up to date certificates, as required by law, for food handling in specified locations.
• Positive, out-going personality, good communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong interest in customer service.
• Valid drivers license, good driving record and in-force liability insurance.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Previous cash handling experience.
• Ability to organize tasks and resources, set priorities, and respond to problems efficiently and autonomously.
• Frequent bending, twisting, and lifting at least 20 lb. in narrow spaces.
• Working unaccompanied, standing, and without defined break periods. Occasionally working extended shifts of 12 hours or more, as assigned.
• Heavy cleaning with strong chemicals.
• Spoken, and telephone interaction with office and station personnel, contractors and vendors, and corporate personnel.
• Ability to handle emergency, high stress situations.
• Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions at all times of day.
• Occasional exposure to prolonged periods in walk-in coolers at 34F.
• May also experience extreme hot temperatures when operating store equipment.
• Operate a motor vehicle in all local weather conditions.
• Independent, reliable, punctual and ethical. Available to work on all shifts, as required.
• Well-organized approach to work and maintenance of work areas.
• Courteous, business-like contact with co-workers, customers, vendors, and community at large.
• Neat appearance and good personal hygiene in compliance with company image standards.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
• Must conduct themselves at all times, in accordance with the CSI Code of Conduct
Chevron Stations Inc. is a drug-free workplace committed to a diverse workforce.
Chevron Stations Inc. participates in E-verify.
Chevron Stations Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chevron U.S.A. Inc. We sell gasoline and convenience products at our retail stores. We are looking for hard working people who value safety, have a positive work attitude and enjoy working with customers. If you enjoy working with people in a dynamic and ever changing work environment, Chevron is the place for you.
Chevron Stations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who requires a reasonable accommodation from any part of the application or hiring process may contact us at 1-800-450-8025.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Chevron Stations Inc. is a drug-free workplace committed to a diverse workforce.
External hires will be required to undergo a background check and drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) regulation, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, Oregon House Bill 3025 “Ban the Box, Portland Ordinance No. 187459, and Seattle Fair Chance Employment Ordinance . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Stockton
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.