Skills: Facilities Engineer
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Lead, Property South Africa located in Cape Town, South Africa through 20 September 2018.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Coordinate property related legal matters:
- Ensure that standard contract templates are in place timeously, scrutinise and evaluate standard documents and proposals for accuracy, compliance with company policy and procedures. Analyse non-standard contracts to ensure favourable to company, ensure that contractual arrangements are unambiguous to obviate the need for litigation
- Administer the Chevron owned and controlled properties across South Africa by managing filing and storage of the contracts, correspondence and internal documentation to ensure compliance with legal, accounting and auditing requirements
- Manage all conveyancing and related matters. Instruct external attorneys to attend to all conveyancing matters including the transfer of properties; the registration and cancellation of leases, servitudes and mortgage bonds; applications for subdivisions, consolidations, rezoning, disclaimers, waivers of preference
- Ensure that all retail property related expenses and income streams are administered accurately and on time. Manage the department’s performance against service level agreements with internal and external customers
Statutory and corporate compliance:
- Drive the implementation and maintenance of a professional property management information system and database comprising all critical retail property regulatory data
- Develop contractual, property, conveyancing, tax, company and general legal/regulatory skills of the team members for future career mobility. Manage the execution of human resource planning and development to achieve employment equity objectives
- Implement ad hoc strategic projects related property management business improvement opportunities and participate in strategic projects to improve overall profitability of the business
- Law degree
- Attorney at Law will be deemed advantageous
- Proven expereince in facilitating supervisor / management training
- Petroleum industry experience will be advantageous
- Property conveyancing experience
- Experience in construction of commercial agreements
- Previous contract management experience
- Strong Business and financial acumen
- Supervision of a work group
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.