Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Power Turbine Technician/Advisor located in Aberdeen/UK through 3rd October 2018.
For additional information on this position, please contact James Armitage at CTN 584-3259.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Operation and Maintenance of GE and Solar Mars 100 power turbine performance to ensure the equipment availability targets to meet business plan objectives. System owner for power turbines and ancillary equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of industrial power generation turbines in particular Solar Mars and General Electric dual fuel machines. Observe and test the operation of turbines to diagnose malfunction and perform remedial work as necessary to maximize equipment availability.
- Active involvement in the recommendation and development of condition based and intrusive maintenance strategy and planning of preventative maintenance routines
- Ability to assume responsibility for supervision of the multi-discipline technicians involved during planned service and overhaul maintenance of power turbines. Act as focal point for the Maintenance and Intervention Supervisor during the activities.
- Perform troubleshooting and failure Root Cause Analysis activities on power turbine equipment in collaboration with the Technical Authority and formulate remedial actions.
- Provide clear communication to all stakeholders on issues affecting equipment condition or performance.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Mechanical apprenticeship with the ability to work on Industrial machinery is preferred in addition to significant competency of Oil and Gas operations experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory competency of mechanical maintenance teams is desirable.
- Effective communication skills to ensure the appropriate engagement of Offshore and Onshore leadership.
- Ability to review existing maintenance strategies and to recommend equipment performance improvement proposals.
- Proven competency in the application of condition based maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis is desirable
- Proven competency in the use of SAP applicable to the management of scheduled maintenance work plans.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.