Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of O&M Maintenance E&I Technician located in Louisville, KY, through September 26, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Qualified candidates will be required to successfully pass all Chevron onboarding requirements, including aptitude testing, drug testing, fit for duty testing and background checks including TWIC clearance.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Commitment to the Chevron Way, Chevron Values, LPSA, OE Discipline, Chevron’s Code of Conduct, LPO participation, Management of Change, Rules of ROMAT and the Chevron Tenants of Operation.
- Compliant with all Chevron Standards, OSHA regulations, LO/TO, PPE, CSE, Safe Work Permitting Process, Working at Heights, Lifting and Rigging, Electrical Safety, JLA’s, Work Instructions, SAP/CMMS and all other applicable governing laws and standards.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance activities and assessments on plant processes and equipment.
- Support plant Reliability, OTIF and PSS goals and expectations.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for basic troubleshooting and problem solving for various types of plant equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on all plant assets and equipment.
- Execute daily work requests and scheduled maintenance activities with good documentation of technical findings and work request closure.
- Steward the spare parts inventory process and demonstrate good diligence in logging, tracking, receiving, verifying correct specifications and properly charged out to the appropriate cost center.
- Ability to operate Powered Industrial Trucks including, (fork truck, pallet truck, telehandler, carry deck, platform lift, pod lift, utility vehicles, plant vehicles, and other similar equipment)
- Lead in the solution of problems in the manufacturing processes, working together with area supervisors, and implementing contingency plans to keep supply continuity in case of serious failures.
- Provide proper care, treatment and inspection of all tools and equipment used by the maintenance team.
- Available for after hours and weekend work whether scheduled or during emergency situations.
- Environmentally accountable to assure that no hazardous products are released to the environment and all chemicals are properly stored and disposed of properly.
- Able to maintain a neat, clean and organized work area
- This position requires driving on a routine basis
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in the Electrical and Instrumentation field.
- A working knowledge and understanding of industrial automated processes, control systems and field instrumentation devices.
- Skilled in reading and understanding P&ID’s, Process Flow Charts, Blue Prints, Mechanical Drawings, Technical Drawings, Cut Sheets, Schematics and other forms of equipment details and specifications.
- An Associate Degree in an electrical / instrumentation discipline or a related skilled vocational / technical trade.
- Licensed Electrician
- Loop Testing, start up and troubleshooting.
- Competent use of electrical field testing equipment.
- Fiber Optics and Data Systems.
- Bench Testing, Calibration and Commissioning of Equipment and Devices
- Familiarity with Profibus PA/DP, Field Bus, Analog 4/20 instrumentation, Vega, Yokogawa, PS2, Rosemont, Radar, Pressure Transmitters, Temperature Transmitters and similar equipment
- Controls Technician Experience
- Relocation will not be considered
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
- Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Louisville
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.