Skills: HR - General
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Lead Talent Acquisition located in Cape Town, South Africa through , 19 September 2018.
Key Job Responsibilities for these positions may include but are not limited to:
- Directly interface with clients to understand their business strategy and talent needs. Identify how changes can influence recruitment strategies
- Conduct extensive intake with a range of clients to understand position roles and responsibilities. Develop detailed comprehensive job description and recruitment strategy to fulfill customer staffing needs
- Conduct extensive market research, understand the talent pool available in markets and identify passive candidates
- Verbally extend offers of employment to potential new hires and assists in the job offer negotiation process
- Directly interface with BU General Managers and key customers to understand business and strategic staffing needs
- Serve as primary liaison, provide recruiting expertise and guidance as needed
- Develop recruiting strategies and plans for meeting long-term recruiting targets which may include sourcing global talent
- Provide guidance to position owner on sourcing options to ensure the most effective and cost-efficient approach is utilized for external hiring
- Provide coaching to hiring managers regarding all phases of recruiting including behavior/competency-based interviewing, negotiating, and closing
- Develop and coordinate strategic staffing plans with managers and executive leadership level
- Provide guidance on feasibility of hiring goals and monitor trends in supply and demand for their client base
- Create and maintain a data base of all potential candidates
- Manage and advise on the new recruitment processes / tools / e-recruitment options
- Facilitate interviews, prepare questions, handle selection approvals, guide Managers on process and shares knowledge of internal candidates
- Contract owner and vendor management of preferred recruitment agencies
- Face of Chevron South Africa on multiple social media platforms for best candidate recruitment / sourcing e.g. LinkedIn
- Monitor the employment equity plan during the recruitment process and advising hiring managers on targets by focused screening and shortlisting candidates
- Review and monitor attrition rates and advise on best recruitment strategy to ensure best impact of attrition to hiring opportunities
- Partners with Payroll and Learning and Development teams to ensure effective onboarding of new employees
- Conduct exit Interviews and maintaining a data base of key data points for leadership review
- Bachelor’s degree or tertiary qualifications in related field will be advantageous
- Proven track record in a recruitment role sourcing top talent, optimizing digital channels and other recruitment tools
- Experience in technical recruitment in a manufacturing and retail environment will be advantageous
- Experience in implementing the best recruitment strategy around graduate attraction and internships
- Analytical capability for data interpretation, reporting and setting recruitment strategies
- Experience in Succession Management will be deemed advantageous
- Exposure to both strategic and operational recruitment and selection deliverables
- Knowledgeable in local labour laws and best practices in employment equity
Relocation may be considered within Chevron South Africa parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.