Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Retail Business Consultant located in Cape Town, South Africa through 19 September 2018.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
1. Sales and Operations Management
- Ensure Marketing customers are profitable in terms of supply chain and customer profitability direction
- Utilizes MOS system and tools to inform account planning and NOI improvements to high-grade the customer network
- Responsible for area value chain optimization plans to maximize gross margin. Plans and executes marketing strategies, processes, programs, standards and operations across the various classes of trade for fuels, lubricants and additional profit centers, consistent with the business plan and the Chevron way
- Achieves financial and operational goals, and for integration of all marketing-related activities within designated territories
- Manages a professional and healthy business relationship between Chevron and Retailers within the designated territory
- Partners with retailers to achieve profitable operations, growth in volumes and improved profitability
- Achieves financial and operational goals including image stewardship, customer first, brand, health environment and safety. Conducts business advising calls as per agreed call cycle to review, measure, report and assist retailers towards achieving agreed business plan targets, counseling retailer on profitability and suggesting actions, then reporting progress and/or recommendations to Chevron management
- Ensures complete and robust account plans for the district to ensure profitability at customer level, plus monitors monthly performance and agreed action plans to ensure NOI targets are achieved
- Ensures consistent and disciplined execution of processes/procedures/programs and systems towards achieving business plan commitments within the sales area and channel, across class of trade for fuels, lubricants and additional profit centers as appropriate, consistent with the business plan and the Chevron way
- Monitors that service station facilities and dispensing equipment are properly maintained. Resolve any field related problems that may arise whilst ensuring attainment of Credit KPI’s
2. Planning & Reporting
- Utilizes MOS system and MOS tools on a daily basis to manage customer profitability and track OEAT and NOI metrics. Annually conveys Chevron business plan targets and requirements for inclusion in future plans and reviews and aligns and negotiates retail site plans, customer account plans and profitability improvement plans to achieve these on a regular basis
- Handles and submits on time any documentation required as well as all internal company reports and surveys. Shares this information with the Retailers and Chevron management to assist with business strategies
3. Retailer Selection / Identification of new business opportunities
- Assists with retailer selection process of new retailers - this includes initial interview, business plan panel and thereafter site installation
- Interfaces with all affected business units to manage a seamless implementation. Carefully monitors the market and competitor moves and strategies to identify new business opportunities, volume growth opportunities and solutions for Retailers related to growing business and shared strategic planning which dovetails Chevron growth areas and anchor markets with that of the customer
4. Retailer Development
- Assists the retailers with in-house training as and when required, ensuring that all retailers and relevant staff are developed to a high standard of proficiency in the sale of our product range and the Chevron systems to run the business
5. Market Intelligence
- Monitors and benchmarks external trends including competitors, regulations, industry trends and structure, as well as new business opportunities and keeps informed of competitive acquisition activity
- Recommends policy updates to Management to meet competitive market conditions. Tracks and benchmarks competitive activity within the territory, then analyses to understand the implications of external environment changes on the business to enhance decision making
6. OE and Compliance
- Implements and monitors Corporate operational excellence safety standards and programs for all customers
- Ensures that the retailer is aligned with all Chevron processes as well as government regulations such as health environment and safety, licensing and local ordinances
- Complies with the operational excellence / health environment and safety Corporate standards and incorporates into daily guidelines. Ensures full compliance with company policies/SOX as it relates the marketing
- Senior Certificate with relevant tertiary qualification preferably
- Relevant experience as Retail Business Consultant, greater length of exposure and experience in these disciplines will be considered advantagous
- Knowledge of both fuel and non-fuel retailing
- Proficiency in MS Office and SAP would be an advantage
- Sound verbal/written communication skills
- An affinity for brand building, well developed negotiation, relationship building and problem-solving skills
- An unendorsed drivers license and be available to travel and to deal with retailer emergencies after hours
Relocation may be considered within Chevron South Africa parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.